Daily Current Affairs 3 April 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 3 April 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 3 April 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 3 April 2020 Current affairs test.
1. National Monitoring Dashboard on COVID-19 Grievances
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) has launched ‘National Monitoring Dashboard on COVID-19 Grievances’.
- Aim: To receive and monitor all grievances related to COVID-19 on priority basis.
- Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions: Jitendra Singh.
1. World’s Oldest Man
- Bob Weighton of UK has been officially recognized as the world’s oldest man by Guinness World Records.
- It came after Japanese man Chitetsu Watanabe passed away on Feb. 23 at 112 years and 355 days old.
- Japanese woman Kane Tanaka is currently the world’s oldest living person after turning 117 in January.
1. PM-CARES Fund granted 100% tax exemption
- Donations for PM-CARES Fund granted 100% tax exemption under IT Act, 1961.
- The Income-tax Act, 1961 is the changing Statute of Income Tax in India. It provides for levy, administration, collection and recovery of Income Tax. The Government of India brought a draft statute called the “Direct Taxes Code” intended to replace the Income Tax Act,1961 and the Wealth Tax Act, 1957.
1. Chittaranjan Locomotive Works
- Indian Railways’ Chittaranjan Locomotive Works, located in Asansol, West Bengal, has set new world record by producing a total of 431 locomotives.
- Indian Railways: Headquarters– New Delhi || Chairman- Vinod Kumar Yadav
2. India’s first COVID-19 Hospitalization Insurance
- India’s first coronavirus hospitalization insurance ‘Corona Care’ has been launched by PhonePe for Covid-19 treatment.
- PhonePe: Founder & CEO– Sameer Nigam || Headquarter– Bengaluru
3. India’s GDP growth by ADB
- Asian Development Bank has slashed India Growth estimate for FY21 to 4%.
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines || President: MasatsuguAsakawa || Membership: 68 countries || Founded: 19 December 1966
Science and Technology News
1. ‘AarogyaSetu’ App
- Government of India has launched ‘AarogyaSetu’ App to help people track coronavirus infections more accurately.
- ‘AarogyaSetu’ App was launched by National Informatics Center under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- National Informatics Centre is an attached office under Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India. NIC provides infrastructure to help support delivery of Government IT services and delivery of some of the initiatives of Digital India.
- Headquarters location: New Delhi || Founded: 1976 || Director General: Neeta Verma
1. Adam Schlesinger passes away
- Emmy-winning singer Adam Schlesinger has passed away.
- Adam Lyons Schlesinger was an American singer-songwriter, record producer, bassist, guitarist, keyboardist and drummer. He won three Emmy Awards, a Grammy Award, and the ASCAP Pop Music Award, and was nominated for Academy, Tony, and Golden Globe Awards.
1. Tony Lewis passes away
- DLS method founder Tony Lewis has passed away.
- Anthony Robert Lewis CBE is a former Welsh cricketer, who captained England, became a journalist, went on to become the face of BBC Television cricket coverage in the 1990s, and became president of the Marylebone Cricket Club.
2. Asian Youth Games
- China will host the third edition of the Asian Youth Games (AYG) in Shantou in November 2021.
- It was announced by the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA).