Daily Current Affairs 3 December 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 3 December 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 3 December 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 3 December 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Intensified Mission Indradhanush 2.0
- Government of India has launched a nationwide vaccination drive to prevent eight diseases under Intensified Mission Indradhanush 2.0.
- These eight disease are diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus, poliomyelitis, tuberculosis, measles, meningitis and Hepatitis B. Vaccines for Japanese encephalitis and Hemophilus influenza .
- Aim: To achieve full immunization coverage in 272 districts spread over 27 States.
- Mission Indradhanush is a health mission of the government of India. It was launched by Union Health Minister J. P. Nadda on 25 December 2014. The scheme this seeks to drive towards 90% full immunization coverage of India and sustain the same by year 2020.
2. Konark Festival
- Annual Konark Festival, in the backdrop of Sun Temple and International Sand Art Festival at Chandrabhaga beach, Odisha was inaugurated by Odisha Governor Ganeshi Lal.
- Konark is a medium town in the Puri district in the state of Odisha, India. It lies on the coast by the Bay of Bengal, 60 kilometers from the capital of the state, Bhubaneswar. It is the site of the 7th-century Sun Temple, also known as the Black Pagoda, built in black granite during the reign of Narasimhadeva-I.
3. Sweden’s King Gustaf and Queen Silvia in India
- King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden have arrived in New Delhi for a five-day visit to India.
- Sweden: Capital: Stockholm || Currency: Swedish krona
4. Hornbill Festival
- The 20th Edition of Hornbill Festival has started in Nagaland.
- To encourage inter-tribal interaction and to promote cultural heritage of Nagaland, the Government of Nagaland organizes the Hornbill Festival every year in the first week of December. The first festival was held in 2000.
- The festival is named after the Indian hornbill, the large and colourful forest bird which is displayed in the folklore of most of the state’s tribes.
1. Military Exercise SURYA KIRAN
- India-Nepal Military Exercise SURYA KIRAN–XIV will be held in Nepal.
- Nepal: Capital: Kathmandu || Currency: Nepalese rupee || President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari || Prime Minister: Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli
2. G20 Presidency
- Saudi Arabia has taken over G20 Presidency from Japan.
- Saudi Arabia has become the 1st Arab nation to assume the G20 presidency.
- The G20 is an international forum for the governments and central bank governors from 19 countries and the European Union.
3. Exercise MITRA SHAKTI
- The 7th edition of India-Sri Lanka joint exercise ‘MITRA SHAKTI’ has started at Aundh Military Station, Pune.
- Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte || Currency: Sri Lankan rupee || Prime minister: Mahinda Rajapaksa || President: Gotabaya Rajapaksa
4. International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- On 3rd December, International Day of Persons with Disabilities is an international observance promoted by the United Nations since 1992.
- It has been observed with varying degrees of success around the planet.
- Theme: ‘Promoting the Participation of Persons with Disabilities and their leadership: Taking Action on the 2030 Development Agenda’.
1. Mi Credit
- Xiaomi will be launching Mi Credit Lending Solution in India.
- Mi Credit is an online curated marketplace for lending to offer the best personal loans
- Xiaomi Corporation is a Chinese electronics company founded by Lei Jun in 2010 and headquartered in Beijing. Xiaomi makes and invests in smartphones, mobile apps, laptops, bags, trimmers, earphones, MI Television, Shoes, fitness bands, and many other products.
- CEO: Lei Jun || Founded: 6 April 2010, Yingu Mansion, Beijing, China || Headquarters: Haidian District, Beijing, China || Parent organization: Xiaomi Corp
2. New Chairman of Ordnance Factory Board
- Hari Mohan has taken over the charge as Chairman, Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) replacing Saurabh Kumar.
- Ordnance Factory Board consisting of the Indian Ordnance Factories, is an industrial organisation, functioning under the Department of Defence Production of Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
- Ordnance Factory Board: Founded: 1712 || Headquarters: Kolkata, West Bengal.
3. First country to make Haj process digital
- India has become the first country in the world to make the entire process for pilgrims going on Haj completely digital.
- 1. An online application process portal.
- 2. e-visa App
- 3. Haj Mobile App
- 4. ‘e-MASIHA’ Health Facility App
- 5. ‘e-luggage pre-tagging’ App
1. Australia Cricket Selector
- George Bailey has been appointed as Australia Cricket Selector.
- George John Bailey is an Australian cricketer, who was formerly the captain of the Australian T20I team and vice-captain of the Australian ODI team.
2. Chennaiyin FC sacked Head Coach
- Chennaiyin FC has sacked its Head Coach John Gregory.
- Chennaiyin F.C. is a professional football club based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. They compete in the Indian Super League under licence from the All India Football Federation. The club was founded in August 2014 during the inaugural season of the Indian Super League.
3. Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Mercedes racer Lewis Hamilton has won the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix defeating Max Verstappen of Red Bull.
- Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, sits off the mainland on an island in the Persian (Arabian) Gulf. Its focus on oil exports and commerce is reflected by the skyline’s modern towers and shopping mega-centres such as Abu Dhabi and Marina malls.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15
- Daily Current Affairs: December 16
- Daily Current Affairs: December 17
- Daily Current Affairs: December 18
- Daily Current Affairs: December 19
- Daily Current Affairs: December 20
- Daily Current Affairs: December 21
- Daily Current Affairs: December 22
- Daily Current Affairs: December 23
- Daily Current Affairs: December 24
- Daily Current Affairs: December 25
- Daily Current Affairs: December 26
- Daily Current Affairs: December 27
- Daily Current Affairs: December 28
- Daily Current Affairs: December 29
- Daily Current Affairs: December 30
- Daily Current Affairs: December 31