Daily Current Affairs 3 January 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 3 January 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 3 January 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 3 January 2020 Current affairs test.
1. One nation, One Ration Card
- The ‘One Nation, One Ration Card’ facility has been started in 12 states in the country.
- The states are Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Haryana, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Jharkhand and Tripura.
- The facility will be implemented in all states in the country by June 2020.
2. Indian Science Congress
- University of Agricultural Sciences (UAS), Bengaluru will host the 107th edition of the Indian Science Congress.
- Theme: ‘science and technology: rural development’.
3. Political Parties Registration Tracking Management System
- Election Commission of India has launched a Political Parties Registration Tracking Management System.
- The system enables the applicants to track the status of the applications for the party registration.
- Under the new guidelines, the applicants applying for the party registration from 1st of January 2020 will be able to track the progress of applications and will get the status through SMS and e-mail.
4. Indian Railway Protection Force Service
- Railway Protection Force has been renamed as Indian Railway Protection Force Service.
- Indian Railways is India’s national railway system operated by the Ministry of Railways. It manages the fourth largest railway network in the world by size, with a route length of 67,368-kilometre as of March 2017.
1. Global Healthcare Summit
- The 14th edition of Global Healthcare Summit will be held in Vizag in 2021.
- It will be organised by American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI)
2. Visit Nepal Year 2020
- President of Nepal launched the “Visit Nepal Year 2020” Campaign.
- Mythical creature Yeti has been selected as mascot of the campaign.
- Prime Minister of Nepal: K P Sharma Oli || Capital: Kathmandu || President of Nepal: Bidhya Devi Bhandari || Currency of Nepal: Nepalese rupee.
1. Railway Board Chairman
- Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the re-employment of Vinod Kumar Yadav as Chairman of Railway Board.
- It is for a period of one year with effect from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020.
2. Interest Rates for Jan-Mar quarter
- Public Provident Fund (PPF): 7.9%
- National Savings Certificate (NSC): 7.9%
- KisanVikasPatra (KVP): 7.6% (113 months maturity)
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account: 8.4%
- 5-year Senior Citizens Savings Scheme: 8.6%
- Savings Deposit: 4.0%
- Term Deposits (1-5 year maturity): 6.9 %-7.7 %
- 5-year Recurring Deposit: 7.2%
3. Small Satellite Launch Vehicle
- ISRO will establish a 2nd launch port in Thoothukodi district in Tamil Nadu.
- This launch port will be used exclusively to launch small satellite launch vehicles.
4. DRDO Young Scientist Laboratories
- PM Modi dedicated to the nation 5 Young Scientists Laboratories of DRDO, in Bengaluru.
- DRDO Young Scientist Laboratories (DYSLs) are located in five cities viz, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata and Hyderabad
1. Khelo India Games
- Lawn bowls & Cycling will be included in 3rd Khelo India Games.
- The 3rd edition of the tournament will be held in Guwahati, Assam in January 2020.