Daily Current Affairs 3 March 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 3 March 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 3 March 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 3 March 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Bharat Mata Chowk
- The historic City Chowk in old Jammu was renamed as ‘Bharat Mata Chowk’.
- Girish Chandra Murmu is the Lieutenant Governor of Jammu-Kashmir.
2. Fuel Humsafar App
- Government of India has launched ‘Fuel Humsafar’ App for delivery of diesel at doorsteps of Housing societies, hotels and hospitals in the national capital region.
- It is launched by Minister of State with independent charge in the Ministry of Labour and Employment Santosh Gangwar.
3. EKAM Fest Event
- National Handicapped Finance Development Corporation has organised ‘EKAM Fest’ Event in New Delhi to promote Craftsmanship & Products of Divyang Artisans and Entrepreneurs.
- EKAM signifies Entrepreneurship, Knowledge, Awareness, Marketing.
1. World Wildlife Day
- World Wildlife Day is celebrated globally on 3rd March by United Nations.
- Theme: ‘Sustaining all life on Earth’.
- World Wildlife Day, which was proposed by Thailand, to celebrate and raise awareness of the world’s wild fauna and flora.
2. World Hearing Day
- World Hearing Day is observed on 3rd March to raise awareness about how to prevent deafness across the world.
- Theme: ‘Hearing for Life: Don’t lethearing loss limit you’.
3. Presidency of UN Security Council
- The Presidency of United Nations Security Council for March 2020 has been taken over by China.
- The United Nations Security Council is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations, charged with ensuring international peace and security, recommending that the General Assembly accept new members to the United Nations, and approving any changes to its charter.
- Headquarters: New York || Founded: 24 October 1945 || Formation: 1945 || Abbreviation: UNSC || Subsidiary: MINUSCA || Parent organization: United Nations
1. Paytm Insurance Broking
- Paytm’s subsidiary, Paytm Insurance Broking, has received the brokerage licence from the Insurance Regulatory and Authority of India.
- PayTm: Headquarters: Noida. || President of Paytm: Amit Nayyar.
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India is an autonomous, statutory body tasked with regulating and promoting the insurance and re-insurance industries in India.
- Website: irdai.gov.in || Founded: 1999 || Sector: Insurance || Headquarters: Hyderabad || Type: Statutory corporation || Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
2. OECD slashes India’s FY21 Growth Prediction
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) has slashed India’s FY21 Growth Projections to 5.1% on coronavirus woes.
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development is an intergovernmental economic organisation with 36 member countries, founded in 1961 to stimulate economic progress and world trade.
- OECD: Headquarters: Paris, France || Founded: 30 September 1961 || Secretary-General: José ÁngelGurría
3. Merger of 10 PSBs into 4
- Union Cabinet has approved the merger of 10 PSBs into 4 from 1st April 2020.
- United Bank of India and Oriental Bank of Commerce will be merged with Punjab National Bank
- Syndicate Bank will be merged with Canara Bank
- Allahabad Bank will be amalgamated with Indian Bank
- Andhra Bank and Corporation Bank will be consolidated with Union Bank of India
4. Mindtree COO
- Mindtree has appointed Dayapatra Nevatia as its Chief Operating Officer.
- Mindtree: CEO: Debashis Chatterjee || Founded: 18 August 1999 || Headquarters: Warren, Michigan, United States
1. BWF Yonex Dutch Junior International
- Tasnim Mir and Mansi Singh of India has won the bronze medal each in the Girls’ singles Badminton event at the Yonex Dutch Junior International 2020
- The Yonex Dutch Junior International 2020 was held in Haarlem, Netherlands.
2. FIH rankings
- The Indian men’s hockey team has climbed to the fourth position, their highest since the inception of the FIH world rankings in 2003.
- Top Three:
- 1. Belgium
- 2. Australia
- 3. Netherlands
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,3 March