Daily Current Affairs 3 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 3 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 3 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 03April 2018 Current affairs test.
1.Arun Jaitley reappointed as Leader of Rajya Sabha.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, who was elected to the Rajya Sabha for his fourth consecutive term as a BJP candidate from Uttar Pradesh, has been reappointed as the Leader of the House.
- Jaitley has served as a Rajya Sabha MP from Gujarat for 18 years and was appointed as the Leader of Rajya Sabha in 2014 as well.
2.IISc Bangalore named as India’s best university.
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore has been named as the best Indian university under the National Institutional Ranking Framework(NIRF), released by Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar.
- Jawaharlal Nehru University bagged the second position, followed by Banaras Hindu University and Anna University. Delhi University stood at the 7th position in the rankings.
3.All 36 districts in Maharashtra to have air quality stations by October.
- All 36 districts of Maharashtra are likely to get air quality monitoring stations by October, Maharashtra Pollution Control Board(MPCB) officials have said.
- Currently, the state has 78 stations in 27 districts.
4.Supreme Court refuses to stay its order on SC/ST Act.
- The Supreme Court refused to stay its order on SC/ST(Prevention of Atrocities) Act while hearing the review petition filed by the Centre.
- Earlier, the apex court had removed the provision for immediate arrest in cases filed under the act. The ruling was followed by massive protests by Dalit organisations across the country.
1.US designates Hafiz Saeed’s party as terrorist organisation.
- The US State Department designated 26/11 Mumbai terror attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed’s political party, Milli Muslim League(MML), as a foreign terrorist organisation.
- Pakistan’s Islamabad High Court had recently given permission to register MML as a political party.
2.Israel PM cancels African migrant relocation deal with UN.
- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu cancelled an agreement with the UN to settle African migrants in western countries.
- Under the deal, Israel had agreed to annul a plan to forcibly deport the migrants from the country.
3.7th Moscow Conference will start on 4th April.
- Defence Minister of India Nirmala Sitharaman is in Russia to attend the 7th Moscow Conference on International Security. This is her first visit to Russia in her capacity as the Defence Minister.
- During her 3-day tour, she will meet her Russia counterpart Army General Sergei Shoigu and other senior leaders.
4.Bloomberg Billionaires Top 100 Index released.
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos took the top spot while Microsoft founder Bill Gates was ranked 2nd.
- Mukesh Ambani has been ranked 19th, he has become the third richest Asian on the list. Alibaba co-founder Jack Ma is the richest from Asia and took 13th position in the list overall.
1.SoftBank signs $930 million deal to set up solar venture in India.
- SoftBank has signed a $930 million deal with China’s energy conglomerate Golden Concord(GCL) to produce and sell solar equipment in India.
- GCL will invest for a 40% stake in the joint venture, with SoftBank taking the rest. The project will have a 4GW capacity.
2.Bezos loses $6 billion in a day after Trump’s Amazon tweet.
- World’s richest person and Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos lost $6 billion in a day after US president Trump tweeted that Postal Service is losing a fortune due to Amazon.
- Bezos lost around $16 billion over the past week since Trump started tweeting about Amazon.
3.Alibaba sues Dubai firm over ‘Alibabacoin’ cryptocurrency.
- Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group has sued a Dubai-based firm behind the ‘Alibabacoin’ cryptocurrency for trademark infringement.
- Alibaba said the firm’s prominent, repeated, and intentionally misleading use of trademarks is intended to confuse the consumers.
4.RBI drops Axis Bank from list of gold and silver importers.
- The RBI has dropped Axis Bank from the list of banks it has cleared to import gold and silver in the current fiscal that began April 1.
- SBI, PNB, HDFC Bank and ICICI Bank are among the 16 banks allowed to import bullion.
1.SA win Test series vs Aus at home for first time in 48 years.
- South Africa defeated Australia by 492 runs in the fourth Test to register their biggest ever Test victory by runs and win the four-match Test series 3-1.
- This was South Africa’s first Test series victory against Australia on home soil in 48 years.
2.NZ clinch 1st home Test series win over England since 1984.
- New Zealand clinched their first home Test series win over England since 1983-84 after claiming the two-match series 1-0 following the drawn second Test in Christchurch.
- New Zealand side has ended their Test season unbeaten, while England have registered their 13th straight Test match without a win while playing away from home.
3.Badminton’s new service rule will not be used at CWG 2018.
- Badminton’s new service rule, in which the whole of the shuttle should be below 1.15 metres from the surface of the court at the time of service, will not be enforced at the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- The event will be played under the old rules which state that the shuttle be kept above waist-height at the time of service.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz, 3 April