Daily Current Affairs 3 April 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 3 April 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 3 April 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try
3 April 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Kandhamal Haldi (turmeric) gets GI tag
- Kandhamal Haldi (turmeric) of Odisha has received Geographical Indications (GI) tag from Intellectual Property India.
- Intellectual Property India is functioning under the aegis of the Union ministry of commerce & industry.
- A geographical indication (GI) is a name or sign used on certain products which corresponds to a specific geographical location or origin (e.g. a town, region, or country).
- Darjeeling tea became the first GI tagged product in India.
2. J. Mahendran passes away
- J. Mahendran was an Indian film director, screenwriter and actor, known for his work in the Tamil film industry.
- Mahendran is regarded as one of the greatest film makers of Tamil cinema and has influenced several filmmakers of the generations followed.
- He got Filmfare Award for Best Film – Mullum Malarum.
3. New Books
- ‘#Modi Again: Why Modi is right for India, An Ex-Communist’s Manifesto’ is authored by Aabhas Maldahiyar and is about how Narendra Modi is right for India.
- ‘Saffron Swords: Centuries of Indic Resistance to Invaders’ is authored by Manoshi Sinha Rawal and is on 52 unsung warriors of India from last 1300 years.
1. Comic-Con Museum’s Character Hall of Fame
- Batman will become the first Inductee of Comic-On Museum’s Character Hall of Fame.
- It will be taken in a ceremony at 50th Annual Comic-Con International in San Diego, USA.
- Batman is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by DC Comics. The character was created by artist Bob Kane and writer Bill Finger, and first appeared in Detective Comics #27 in 1939.
- The third edition of AUSINDEX scheduled from 02 to 14 April 19 with focus on Anti-Submarine Warfare at Visakhapatnam.
- The maiden edition of the exercise was held in September 2015 at Visakhapatnam. Australia hosted the second edition of the exercise off Freemantle in June 2017, wherein ships of the Eastern Fleet of the Indian Navy (IN) exercised with Royal Australian Navy (RAN) ships and submarines.
- AUSINDEX, an acronym for Australia India Exercise.
3. India-Ukraine working group on Trade and Economic Cooperation
- The 4th Session of India-Ukraine working group on Trade and Economic Cooperation held in New Delhi.
- Ukraine :- President: Petro Poroshenko || Capital: Kiev || Currency: Ukrainian hryvnia
4. Japan’s New Imperial Era name ‘Reiwa’
- Naruhito’s Era will be named as ‘Reiwa’.
- Naruhito, Crown Prince of Japan is the elder son of Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko, which makes him the heir apparent to the Chrysanthemum Throne.
- Naruhito is expected to succeed his father as Emperor on 1 May 2019, following the latter’s abdication on 30 April 2019.
- Rei and Wa :- Rei means “commands” or “order” and Wa means “auspicious” or “good”.
1. New President of CREDAI
- Satish Magar has taken over as the New National President of the Confederation of Real Estate Developers’ Associations of India (CREDAI).
- The Confederation of Real Estate Developers Association of India or CREDAI is the apex body of all registered real estate builders and developers in India. It was set up in 1999.
- Founded: 1999 || Headquarters: New Delhi || Type of business: Real Estate
2. Tata Power with Indraprastha Gas Limited
- Tata Power has signed an agreement with Indraprastha Gas Limited (IGL) for setting up rooftop solar projects in India.
- Tata Power Limited is an Indian electric utility company based in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India and is part of the group. The core business of the company is to generate, transmit and distribute electricity. With an installed electricity generation capacity of 10,577MW, it is India’s largest integrated power company.
- Indraprastha Gas Limited, is one of India’s leading natural gas distribution companies. IGL supplies natural gas as cooking and vehicular fuel. Established in 1998, the company operates primarily in the National Capital Region of New Delhi.
3. NBFC-MFIs’ Average Base Rate
- RBI has set NBFC-MFIs’ Average Base Rate at 9.21% for the first quarter of FY2019-20.
- Average Base Rate is the rate to be charged from borrowers by non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) and micro-finance institutions (MFIs)
4. COMCASA Pact
- India and USA have inducted first reliable communication link between the Indian Navy & US Central as well as Pacific Naval Commands under the COMCASA pact
- COMCASA stands for Communications Compatibility and Security Agreement and is one of the four foundational agreements that the U.S. signs with allies and close partners to facilitate interoperability between militaries and sale of high end technology.
- COMCASA is an India-specific version of the Communication and Information on Security Memorandum of Agreement (CISMOA), and is valid for a period 10 years.
- COMCASA allows India to procure transfer specialised equipment for encrypted communications for US origin military platforms like the C-17, C-130 and P-8Is. Currently, these platforms use commercially available communication systems.
1. ICC Test Championship
- India won The ICC Test Championship mace for the third year in a row after finishing at the top of ICC Test Rankings.
- The ICC Test Championship is an international competition run by the International Cricket Council for the 12 teams that play Test cricket. The competition is notional in the sense that it is simply a ranking scheme overlaid on all international matches that are otherwise played as part of regular Test cricket scheduling with no consideration of home or away status.
- The ICC awards a trophy, the ICC Test Championship mace, to the team holding the highest rating. The mace is transferred whenever a new team moves to the top of the rating list
- Since 2001, the top-ranked Test team in the world has been awarded the ICC Test Championship mace. It is worth £30,000. The top-ranked team at the start of April each year is also awarded £750,000
- India are currently the highest-ranked team in the ICC Test Championship, having taken over at the top on 11 October 2016.
2. 2019 Indian Super Cup
- The 2019 Super Cup is the second edition of the Super Cup, the main club knockout football competition in India and is being held at Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneshwar.
- The competition is sponsored by Hero MotoCorp and is officially known as the Hero Super Cup.
3. ATP Miami Title Complete Winner List
- Ashleigh Barty has become the first ever Australian winner of the tournament in Women’s Singles category.
- Men’s Single: Winner :- Roger Federer (Switzerland) || Runner Up :- John Isner (USA).
- Women’s Single: Winner :- Ashleigh Barty (Australia) || Runner Up :- Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic)
- Ashleigh Barty is an Australian professional tennis player and former cricketer. She is the top-ranked Australian in both women’s singles and doubles, and has been ranked as high as No. 9 in singles and No. 5 in doubles by the Women’s Tennis Association.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,3 April
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15
- Daily Current Affairs: April 16
- Daily Current Affairs: April 17
- Daily Current Affairs: April 18
- Daily Current Affairs: April 19
- Daily Current Affairs: April 20
- Daily Current Affairs: April 21
- Daily Current Affairs: April 22
- Daily Current Affairs: April 23
- Daily Current Affairs: April 24
- Daily Current Affairs: April 25
- Daily Current Affairs: April 26
- Daily Current Affairs: April 27
- Daily Current Affairs: April 28
- Daily Current Affairs: April 29
- Daily Current Affairs: April 30