Daily Current Affairs 3 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 3 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 3 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 3 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Indian Railways introduces Confirmation Prediction Tool for Wait-Listed Rail Tickets
- The tool has been developed using the algorithm of Machine learning. The machine learning model has been developed using the waitlisted PNR data of past 2 years.
- This feature is integrated with Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) website and with an IRCTC Account not as guest login.
2. 123rd Constitutional Amendment Bill
- The 123rd Constitutional Amendment Bill was passed in Lok Sabha for a National Commission for Backward Classes as a constitutional body.
- With this, NCBC on par with the National Commission for Scheduled Castes and the National Commission for Scheduled Tribes.
3. Dragonfly festival-New Delhi
- The Dragonfly festival will be from Aug 3 to Sept 1 jointly by World Wide Fund for Nature India and the Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS).
- The World Wide Fund for Nature is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1961, working in the field of the wilderness preservation, and the reduction of human impact on the environment.
4. Seva Bhoj Yojna
- Ministry of Culture has launched the new scheme Seva Bhoj Yojna.
- The outlay for the Seva Bhoj Scheme is Rs 325 Crores for current as well as upcoming fiscal years.
1. 3-month visa amnesty program in UAE
- Three months visa amnesty program has begun in UAE.
- This program allows illegal foreign workers to legalise their status in the country or return their home country.
2. MasterChef Australia 2018
- Sashi Cheliah has won MasterChef Australia 2018.
- Sashi Cheliah is a 39-year-old Indian-origin prison officer from Adelaide.
3. State Bank of Mauritius to operate in India
- State Bank of Mauritius to launch SBM Bank(India),a wholly-owned subsidiary of State Bank of Mauritius.
- It is the first bank to get such approval form RBI.
4. Gaofen-11 Satellite
- Gaofen-11 Satellite was launched by China.
- It is an optical remote sensing satellite to monitor its Belt and Road Initiative.
1. Non-official Independent Directors of Air India
- Kumar Mangalam Birla and Y C Deveshwar are appointed as Non-official Independent Directors of Air India.
- Kumar Mangalam Birla is the Chairman of Aditya Birla Group and Y C Deveshwar is Chairman of ITC.
2. India’s most valuable bank List
- Bandhan Bank has surpassed Yes Bank and became India’s 7th most valued bank.
- HDFC Bank Ltd remained India’s most valuable bank followed by State Bank of India (SBI) and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd.
3. Government forbad WhatsApp to launch WhatsApp Pay
- Government clarified that WhatsApp can’t launch its payments services ‘WhatsApp Pay’ in India and the same had been notified to RBI.
- The reason is because WhatsApp does not has an office and a team in the country.
4. State Energy Efficiency Preparedness Index
- Bureau of Energy Efficiency and Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy has released the ‘State Energy Efficiency Preparedness Index’.
- States are classified as based on their efforts ‘Front Runner’, ‘Achiever’, ‘Contender’ and ‘Aspirant’.
1. Badminton World Championships 2018
- Saina Nehwal lost 6-21 11 -21 to Carolina Marin in quarter-final.
- The 2018 BWF World Championships is a badminton tournament which is being held from 30 July to 5 August at Nanjing Olympic Sports Centre in Nanjing, China.
2. UEFA Super Cup 2018-19
- UEFA Super Cup Final between Real Madrid and Atletico de Madrid will be held in Tallinn.
- The UEFA Super Cup is an annual football match organised by UEFA and contested by the reigning champions of the two main European club competitions, the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League.
3. Women’s Hockey World Cup 2018
- Netherlands,Australia,Ireland and Spain are in the semifinals.
- The Final will take place on 5 August 2018.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,3 August