Daily Current Affairs 3 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 03 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 03 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 3 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1.Sushma Swaraj attends SCO summit.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj attended the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation(SCO) summit at Sochi, Russia.
- In June17, India and Pakistan had become the full-fledged members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation.
2.Hornbill festival celebration began in Nagaland.
- President of India Shri Ramnath Kovind inaugurated the Hornbill Festival in Nagaland.
- The festival at Kisama and the International Music Festival represents diversity of Naga society.
3.Ajeya Warrior 2017 Military exercise begins in Bikaner.
- ’Ajeya Warrior’, third joint military exercise between armies of India and UK began in Bikaner, Rajasthan.
- The objective of this exercise is to build and promote bilateral army to army coordination and enhance interoperability.
1.Kenyatta sworn in as President of Kenya.
- Kenyan President Uhhuru Kenyatta has been sworn in for a second and final five-year term.
- Nairobi is the capital city of Kenya and Kenyan Shilling is the currency.
2.International Day of disabled people: 3rd December.
- The annual observance of the International Day of Disabled Persons(3rd December) was proclaimed in 1992, by the UN General Assembly.
- It aims to promote the rights and well being of persons with disabilities in all spheres of society and development, and to increase awareness of the situation of persons with disabilities in every aspect of political, social, economic and cultural life.
3.Hawaii tests nuke attack siren for first time since Cold War.
- The US state of Hawaii tested a nuclear attack warning siren for the first time since the end of Cold War.
- Hawaii hosts the US military headquarters for the Asia-Pacific region.
1.A. Surya Prakash Re-appointed as Prasar Bharti Chief.
- Veteran journalist A. Surya Prakash has been appointed the chairman of the Prasar Bharti Board for second consecutive term.
- Prasar Bharti oversees the functioning of Doordarshan and All India Radio(AIR).
2.’Populism’ named Cambridge dictionary Word of the Year.
- The word ‘populism’ has been announced as Cambridge Dictionary’s Word of the Year 2017.
- The dictionary defined populism as “political ideas and activities that are intended to get the support of ordinary people by giving them what they want”.
3.Miss Korea Jenny Kim crowned Miss Supernational 2017.
- The 24-year-old model and miss Korea Jenny Kim has bagged the title of Miss Supernational 2017 at the gala event which was held in Poland.
- Notably, Miss Supernatinal 2016 was India’s Srinidhi Shetty.
1.Virat Kohli surpasses Brian Lara for most double centuries as captain.
- The Indian skipper scaled another milestone after scoring his sixth double century, the highest as a captain.
- He overtook West Indies great Brian Lara, who held the record previously with five double tons in tests.
2.Shiva Kehsavan wins Gold in Asian Luge Championships.
- The sole Indian participant and defending Asian champion Shiva Kehsavan retained his title with a time of 55.60s.