Daily Current Affairs 3 February 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 3 February 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 3 February 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 3 February 2018 Current Affairs Test.
1. PM Modi’s book ‘Exam Warriors’ launched
- The book was launched by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.
- The book was written with the aim of reaching out to students before their exams and inspiring them to face difficult moments with fresh energy.
2. Will modify ‘Nikahnama’ to deter Triple Talaq : Muslim board
- AIMPLB has said it will introduce a new provision in its model ‘Nikahnama’(Islamic marriage contract), asking the man to commit that he will not give Triple Talaq.
- AIMPLB opposed the Bill saying that the proposed legislation is an interference in Muslim personal law.
3. Those opposing Ram Mandir should go to Pak : Shia board chief
- UP Shia Waqf Board chairman Waseem Rizvi said that those who want to spread ‘Jehad’ in the name of Babri mosque must go and join ISIS.
- He further alleged that ‘fundamentalist’ Muslim clerics are trying to destroy the country.
1. N Korea supplies ballistic missiles to Myanmar : UN monitors
- UN monitors have accused N Korea of supplying ballistic missile systems, rocket launchers and surface-to-air missiles to Myanmar.
- The monitors also accused N Korea of supplying weapons to Syria and violating UN sanctions by exporting banned commodities.
2. Pakistan is the headquarters of Taliban : Afghan President
- Afghan President Ashraf Ghani has demanded Pak to take immediate action against the militant group operating in its soil.
- His statement comes after the Taliban claimed recent terror attacks in Afghanistan.
3. US Air Chief 1st foreign defence head to fly indigenous jet
- US Air Chief David L Goldfein became the first foreign military chief to fly in the made-in-India Tejas light combat aircraft.
- Goldfein is on an official trio to India, aimed at strengthening the relationship between the two nations’ air forces.
1. Ambani’s Reliance Industries to invest Rs.2,500 cr in Assam
- The company will invest in various sectors including retail, petroleum, telecom, tourism and sports.
- The Chairman said that this will create jobs for at least 80,000 people over the next 3 years.
2. Air India to be divested by year-end : MoS Jayant Sinha
- Union Minister of State for Civil Aviation Jayant Sinha said the Centre is planning to divest its stake in Air India by the end of 2018.
- He added that the bidding process is expected to be concluded by June.
3. Hackers steal $1 mn worth Ethereum
- The hackers targeted BeeToken’s Initial Coin Offering.
- BeeToken confirmed the phishing attacks, warning users to remain wary of mails and Telegram messages asking users for funds.
1. India beat Australia to win their record 4th U-19 WC
- India defeated Australia by 8 wickets to win their 4th ICC U-19 World Cup.
- India who remained unbeaten throughout the tournament also won the title in 2000,2008 and 2012
2. Two athletes to represent India at the Winter Olympics
- Luger Shiva Keshavan and cross country skier Jagdish Singh will represent India at the PyeongChang Winter Olympics.
- The Winter Olympics is set to begin on Feb 9th.