Daily Current Affairs 3 February 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 3 February 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 3 February 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 3 February 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Kala Ghoda Arts Festival (KGAF 2019)
- It is India’s largest multi-cultural street festival, has started in Mumbai.
- Mumbai is a densely populated city on India’s west coast. A financial center, it’s India’s largest city. On the Mumbai Harbour waterfront stands the iconic Gateway of India stone arch, built by the British Raj in 1924. Offshore, nearby Elephanta Island holds ancient cave temples dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva. The city’s also famous as the heart of the Bollywood film industry.
2. Best Practices in Budget survey
- Transparency International has conducted a ‘Best Practices in Budget’ survey to analyse the best practices followed by the states in the Budget Formulation.
- Assam has topped the chart and is followed by Andhra Pradesh and Odisha.
- Transparency International is an international non-governmental organization which is based in Berlin, Germany, and was founded in 1993. Its non-profit purpose is to take action to combat global corruption with civil societal anti-corruption measures and to prevent criminal activities arising from corruption.
3. Bharat Rang Mahotsav
- The 20th Bharat Rang Mahotsav has inaugurated in New Delhi.
- It is organized by National School of Drama and is inaugurated by Minister of State for Culture (I/C), Mahesh Sharma.
1. Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty
- USA has suspended its obligations under the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty with Russia from 2nd February onwards.
- The Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty was a 1987 arms control agreement between the United States and the Soviet Union.
2. Ban on teaching Political Science
- Uzbekistan has lifted the ban on teaching Political Science in the country.
- It was banned in 2015 under a decree issued by President Islam Karimov as it is a western pseudoscience which does not support the “Uzbek model” of development.
3. New India’s Ambassador to the Republic of Colombia
- Sanjiv Ranjan has been appointed as new Ambassador to the Republic of Colombia.
- Colombia, officially the Republic of Colombia, is a sovereign state largely situated in the northwest of South America, with territories in Central America. Colombia shares a border to the northwest with Panama, to the east with Venezuela and Brazil and to the south with Ecuador and Peru.
4. Ballistic Missile ‘Nasr’
- Pakistan successfully has test-fired the short range surface-to-surface ballistic missile ‘Nasr’.
- Prime minister: Imran Khan || Capital: Islamabad || President: Arif Alvi || Currencies: Pakistani rupee, Rupee
1. India’s Unemployment Rate
- Acc. to NSSO’s Periodic Labour Force Survey, India’s unemployment rate hit a 45 year high of 6.1% in 2017-18.
- Unemployment is higher in urban areas which is 7.8% as compared to 5.3% in rural areas.
2. Central Statistical Office’s GDP Prediction
- Central Statistical Office under Ministry of Statistics and Programme implementation has revised the GDP Growth forecast to 7.2% from earlier 6.7% for 2017-18.
- It shows the effect of demonetization was not as severe as predicted earlier.
3. Victorian Prize 2019
- Behrouz Boochani has won Victorian Prize 2019 (Australia’s top literary prize) for his book ‘No Friend But the Mountains: Writing from Manus Prison’.
- Behrouz Boochani is a Kurdish journalist, human rights defender, poet and film producer, born in western Iran and held in the Australian-run Manus Island detention centre since 2013.
1. Footballer Ki Sung-yueng has retired
- South Korean Midfielder Ki Sung-yueng has announced his retirement from International Football.
- He currently plays as a central midfielder for Newcastle United in English Premier League.
2. Regatta Cup 2019
- INS Dronacharya team has won Regetta trophy in the ‘Kochi Area Pulling Regatta 2019’ of the Southern Naval Command.
- The Boat Pulling Regatta is a traditional naval sporting activities conducted by the Navy.
3. ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023
- The 13th edition of Men’s Cricket World Cup will be played in India in 2023.
- The upcoming ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019 scheduled in England and Wales.