Daily Current Affairs 3 March 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 3 March 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 3 March 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 3 March 2018 Current affairs test.
1.BJP allies likely to form Nagaland govt by winning 30 seats
- An independent candidate and the JD(U), which secured one seat pledged their support to the BJP, bringing the count to 30.
- 31 seats are required to form the Nagaland govt.
2.Govt approves fund to create safe cities
- The Central govt has approved Rs.2919 cr under Nirbhaya Fund to create 8 safe cities.
- The cities listed are Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Lucknow.
3. French techie finds flaw that leaks details of Aadhaar cards
- The researcher has revealed security lapse in the Telangana govt’s benefit disbursement portal through which Aadhaar details of govt beneficiaries can be accessed.
- Putting the website on the offline mode, the govt said it was already non-operational.
1. Russia, China to create joint data centre for lunar projects
- The Russian agency and China National Space Administration will look into possibilities of providing assistance to each other’s lunar programmes.
- Last year, the two agencies had agreed on bilateral cooperation programme, including research on the moon.
2. Trump extends Obama-era Russian sanctions for another year
- The sanctions were imposed in response to Russian occupation of Crimea, prohibiting Americans from investing in Crimea.
- The White House stated that Crimea crisis will be treated as extraordinary threat to US national security.
3. Remove terror content in 1 hr of reporting:EU
- The EU has said this as the bloc is looking for ways to combat online extremism from groups like the IS
- The groups are using YouTube,Facebook, Twitter as forums to radicalise and recruit.
1. New tariffs may negatively impact US production:Hyundai
- This comes after US plans to impose tariffs of 25% on imported steel and 10% on aluminium.
- Hyundai said that imposing tariffs on steel could increase production costs , which could lead to higher prices and low demand.
2. Uber co-founder launches own crypto
- Garret Camp is launching his own cryptocurrency Eco with an initial issue of one trillion tokens.
- There will be no ICO, which means the project would not be crowdsourced.
3. CBI files FIR against Infosys staff
- The CBI is investigating a fraud involving employees and I-T officials for claiming refunds worth Rs.5 crore.
- They conspired with a fake chartered accountant and filed tax returns using forged documents in the names of 250 tax payers of many private firms.
1. Advani led India beat Pak
- India defeated Pak in the inaugural IBSF Snooker Team World Cup in Doha.
- The Indian combine of Pankaj Advani and Manan Chandra clinched it.
2. Navjot 1st Indian woman to win gold in Senior Asian C’ships
- Navjot Kaur became the 1st Indian woman wrestler to do so after winning the 65 kg freestyle category event.
- Sakshi Malik won a bronze in the 62 kg freestyle category.