Daily Current Affairs 3 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 3 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 3 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 3 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. ‘Jalamrutha’ scheme
- Karnataka CM H D Kumaraswamy has launched ‘Jalamrutha’ scheme.
- ‘Jalamrutha’ scheme is an ambitious water conservation scheme to create awareness among the people.
2. Book ‘Mann Ki Baat- A Social Revolution on Radio’
- Arun Jaitley has released book named ‘Mann Ki Baat – A Social Revolution on Radio’.
- It is a compendium encompassing 50 editions of the ‘Mann Ki Baat’ programme by PM Narendra Modi on All India Radio.
3. Govt. to purchase shares in the National Housing Bank
- Cabinet has approved the purchase of RBI-held shares in the National Housing Bank with an expenditure of Rs 1450 crore.
- The RBI currently holds 100 per cent stake in the NHB.
- National Housing Bank, a wholly owned subsidiary of Reserve Bank of India, was set up on 9 July 1988 under the National Housing Bank Act, 1987. NHB is an apex financial institution for housing.
4. DotBook: India’s first Braille laptop
- DotBook, India’s first Braille laptop was created by former students and researchers at IIT Delhi.
- It is built in Linux and comes with 4 GB internal storage which is expandable up to 64 GB.
1. India and Brunei
- Both have signed an agreement for the exchange of Information with respect to taxes in order to curb tax evasion and tax avoidance.
- Capital: Bandar Seri Begawan || Currency: Brunei dollar || Official scripts: Malay alphabet; Jawi alphabet
2. World Wildlife Day
- World Wildlife Day 2019 is observed on 3rd March to celebrate and raise awareness of the world’s wild fauna and flora.
- On 20 December 2013, at its 68th session, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) decided to proclaim 3 March, the day of the adoption of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), as World Wildlife Day, which was proposed by Thailand,
3. Asian Development Bank and Mumbai Metro
- Asian Development Bank has signed a $926 million loan agreement with India for Mumbai Metro Rail Project.
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. The company also maintains 31 field offices around the world to promote social and economic development in Asia.
4. India’s Ambassador to Vietnam
- Pranay Kumar Verma has been appointed as the India’s Ambassador to Republic of Vietnam.
- Vietnam :- Capital- Hanoi || Prime Minister- Nguyen Xuan Phuc || Currency- Vietnamese Dong
1. BCG-IBA Report – EASE Reforms for Public Sector Banks
- BCG-IBA Report – EASE Reforms for Public Sector Banks is released by Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs.
- Punjab National Bank has topped the charts among all public sector banks in the implementation of ‘Reforms agenda’.
- 2nd :- Bank of Baroda
- 3rd :- State Bank of India
2. Atal Innovation Mission Partners With Adobe Inc.
- Atal Innovation Mission and Adobe Inc. have signed a Statement of Intent to foster the development of creative skills and spreading digital literacy across all Atal Tinkering Labs.
- The Government of India has setup the Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) at NITI Aayog. Realising the need to create scientific temper and cultivate the spirit of curiosity and innovation among young minds, AIM proposes to support establishment of a network of Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATL) in India.
3. YES Bank MD and CEO
- Ravneet Gill has taken charge as MD and CEO of YES Bank for three years.
- He has replaced Founder Rana Kapoor for the same.
4. Non-executive chairman of Bank of Baroda
- Former Finance Secretary Hasmukh Adhia has been appointed non-executive chairman of Bank of Baroda.
- Hasmukh Adhia is an Indian Administrative Service officer of the 1981 batch belonging to the Gujarat who served as Finance Secretary and Revenue Secretary of India. Adhia previously served in several capacities for the Indian and Gujarat governments, including as Financial Services Secretary.
- Bank of Baroda is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services company. It is owned by Government of India and headquartered in Vadodara, Gujarat. It has a corporate office in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Based on 2017 data, it is ranked 1145 on Forbes Global 2000 list.
- Headquarters: Alkapuri, Vadodara || CEO: P. S. Jayakumar || Founder: Sayajirao Gaekwad III
5. Moody’s outlook for Indian Economy
- According to Moody’s, India is expected to grow at 7.3% in 2019, 2020.
- Moody’s Corporation, often referred to as Moody’s, is an American business and financial services company. It is the holding company for Moody’s Investors Service, an American credit rating agency, and Moody’s Analytics, an American provider of financial analysis software and services.
1. Nepal’s Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Open Marathon
- Shashank Shekhar has won the 10 km race of Nepal’s Chief of Army Staff Open Marathon and Run for Fun held in Kathmandu.
- Shashank Shekhar is from Central Industrial Security Force Contingent at Embassy of India in Nepal.
2. Indian Super League
- Bengaluru FC , NorthEast Utd. FC , Goa and Mumbai City FC are in semi-finals
- The Indian Super League is one of the men’s top division football competition in India, the other being the I-League. For sponsorship reasons, the competition is officially known as the Hero Indian Super League. The competition is contested by 10 teams and will run from September to March during the 2018–19 season.
3. Dubai Tennis Championships
- Roger Federer has won Dubai Tennis Championships as his 100th Career Singles’ title.
- He defeated Stefanos Tsitsipas in the final.
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15
- Daily Current Affairs: March 16
- Daily Current Affairs: March 17
- Daily Current Affairs: March 18
- Daily Current Affairs: March 19
- Daily Current Affairs: March 20
- Daily Current Affairs: March 21
- Daily Current Affairs: March 22
- Daily Current Affairs: March 23
- Daily Current Affairs: March 24
- Daily Current Affairs: March 25
- Daily Current Affairs: March 26
- Daily Current Affairs: March 27
- Daily Current Affairs: March 28
- Daily Current Affairs: March 29
- Daily Current Affairs: March 30
- Daily Current Affairs: March 31