Daily Current Affairs 3 May 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 3 May 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 3 May 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 3 May 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Vibrant North East 2018
- The event will be held in Guwahati.
- It is aimed at disseminating information about schemes and grants of central govt.
2. Dalmia adopts a fortin AP
- Dalmia Bharat Group has adopted Gandikota Fort under ‘Adopt a Heritage’ scheme.
- Earlier, the group adopted Red Fort.
3. Sikkim to get an airport
- The Pakyong airport will get India’s 100th functional airport.
- Sikkim was the only state in India without an airport.
4. SC orders Karnataka to give Cauvery water
- The SC asked Karnataka to release 4 TMC of water to Tamil Nadu.
- Earlier in February, the apex court asked Karnataka to release 14.75 TMC.
1. World Press Freedom Day observed
- World Press Freedom Day was proclaimed by the UN General Assembly in December 1993, following the recommendation of UNESCO’s General Conference.2018 Theme: Keeping Power in Check: Media, Justice and The Rule of Law
- The main event organised by UNESCO will take place in Accra, Ghana.
2. Trump nominated for Noble Peace Prize
- Republican lawmakers mentioned this in a letter to the Norwegian Noble Committee.
- Trump will be the 5th US President to be conferred with this honour.
3. Chinese drone company breaks record
- EHang Egret flew 13-minute flight that involved 1,374 drones.
- The earlier record was by Intel which flew 1,218 drones.
1. Cambridge Analytica shuts down
- The UK firm is filing for insolvency in Britain and the US.
- It is currently facing allegations for usage of Facebook users data in US Presidential elections.
2. Xiaomi files for biggest IPO
- Though the numbers are not revealed, this is the biggest IPO since Alibaba in 2014.
- Alibaba filed for $25-bn Initial Public Offering.
3. India among top military spenders
- India is in the 5th position by spending $63.9 bn in 2017.
- US, China, Saudi Arabia and Russia are in top 4 positions.
4. HCL Tech posted decline in net profit
- The software services firm lost Rs.7,000 cr in market capitalisation.
- Also, they posted a 9.8% decline in net profit at Rs.2,230 cr.
1. DD win against RR
- Delhi Daredevils won by 4 runs.
- DD won 3 matches and RR lost 5 matches in this season.
2. FIFA proposes mini-WC every 2 years
- The tournament will be called ‘Final 8’ and would commence in 2021.
- Currently, Confederations Cup is held every 4 years.