Daily Current Affairs 3 May 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 3 May 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 3 May 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 3 May 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Finance Commission’s Advisory Council
- The Chief Economic Advisor, Government of India, Dr. Krishnamurthy Subramanian had been included as Member of the Advisory Council of the Fifteenth Finance Commission.
- The First Finance Commission was established by the President of India in 1951 under Article 280 of the Indian Constitution. It was formed to define the financial relations between the central government of India and the individual state governments.
- The Fifteenth Finance Commission of India (XV-FC) is an Indian Finance Commission constituted in November 2017 and is to give recommendations for devolution of taxes and other fiscal matters for five fiscal years, commencing 1 April 2020.
- The Current Finance commission’s chairman is N. K. Singh.
2. 750th birth anniversary of Sri Vedanta Desikan
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu has released a postage stamp to commemorate the 750th birth anniversary of Sri Vedanta Desikan
- Sri Vedanta Desikan was a Sri Vaishnava guru/philosopher and one of the most brilliant stalwarts of Sri Vaishnavism in the post-Ramanuja period. He was a poet, devotee, philosopher and master-teacher.
- Venkaiah Naidu is an Indian politician and the current Vice President of India and the Chairman of the Rajya Sabha, in office since 11 August 2017. Previously, he served as the Minister of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation, Urban Development and Information and Broadcasting in the Modi Cabinet.
3. Sino-Indian Border Trade
- The 14th edition of Sino-Indian Border Trade was opened at Nathu La in Sikkim.
- Nathu La is a mountain pass in the Himalayas in East Sikkim district. It connects the Indian state of Sikkim with China’s Tibet Autonomous Region. The pass, at 4,310 m above mean sea level, forms a part of an offshoot of the ancient Silk Road. Nathu means “listening ears” and La means “pass” in Tibetan.
- President: Vladimir Putin || Capital: Moscow || Currency: Russian ruble || Population: 14.45 crores (2017) World Bank
4. Centre of Excellence for Waste to Wealth Technologies
- Government of India and IIT-Delhi to set up a Centre of Excellence for Waste to Wealth Technologies.
- The aim is to bring the best of science and technology to implement waste management in India.
1. Top oil supplier to India
- Iraq has become India’s top crude oil supplier for the second consecutive year.
- Iraq sold 46.61 million tonne of crude oil to India.
- Capital: Baghdad || Currency: Iraqi dinar || President: Barham Salih || Prime minister: Adil Abdul-Mahdi
2. ‘Sovereign Internet’ law in Russia
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a ‘Sovereign Internet’ Law.
- This Law will allow Russian authorities to isolate country’s internet to expand the Government Control of the Internet.
3. World Press Freedom Day
- The United Nations General Assembly declared May 3 to be World Press Freedom Day or just World Press Day to raise awareness of the importance of freedom of the press and remind governments of their duty.
- Theme :- ‘Media for Democracy: Journalism and Elections in Times of Disinformation’.
1. ‘Udyam’, a skilling centre
- LIC Housing Finance (LIC HFL) has launched ‘Udyam’ a skilling centre in Bengaluru.
- It will train youths from marginalised community in the BFSI, retail, and IT/ ITES sectors.
- LIC Housing Finance Limited is one of the largest Housing Finance companies in India having its Registered and Corporate office at Mumbai. LIFE INSURANCE CORPORATION OF INDIA holds founder, promoter & controller status in LIC HFL Company since Year 1989. LIC HFL is associate/subsidiary company of LIC OF INDIA.
- Headquarters: Maharashtra || CEO: Vinay Sah || Founder: Life Insurance Corporation
2. Merger of IndusInd Bank with Bharat Financial Inclusion
- National Company Law Tribunal has approved the merger of IndusInd Bank with Bharat Financial Inclusion.
- The National Company Law Tribunal is a quasi-judicial body in India that adjudicates issues relating to Indian companies.
- IndusInd Bank Limited is a Mumbai based Indian new generation bank, established in 1994. The bank offers commercial, transactional and electronic banking products and services.
- Bharat Financial Inclusion Limited BFIL is a non-banking finance company, licensed by the Reserve Bank of India. It was founded in 1997 by Vikram Akula, who served as its executive chair until November 2011.
3. First Independent Woman Director to BSE board
- M Jayshree Vyas has been appointed as the first Independent Woman Director to BSE board.
- The Bombay Stock Exchange is an Indian stock exchange located at Dalal Street, Mumbai. Established in 1875, the BSE is Asia’s first stock exchange. The BSE is the world’s 10th largest stock exchange with an overall market capitalization of more than $4.9 trillion on as of April 2018.
- Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE):- Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra || Chairman: S. Ravi
4. PayPal India with Google
- PayPal India has tied up Google to use Google Smart Lock for enabling a seamless payments experience.
- PayPal Holdings, Inc. is an American company operating a worldwide online payments system that supports online money transfers and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods like checks and money orders.
- CEO: Daniel Schulman || Subsidiaries: Venmo, Xoom Corporation, Braintree, iZettle, Tradera || Founders: Elon Musk, Peter Thiel, Max Levchin, Ken Howery, Luke Nosek, Yu Pan
1. Indian Boxing League
- Boxing Federation of India will be launching the Indian Boxing League (IBL).
- Boxing Federation of India is the Indian national governing body for Olympic boxing and is the India’s member organization of the International Amateur Boxing Association. It is headquartered in New Delhi. Boxing Federation of India is also known as all India boxing association.
- BFI president:- Ajay Singh
2. World No. 1 ISSF Rankings in 10m Air Rifle
- Shooter Apurvi Chandela has become world number one in women’s 10m Air Rifle.
- Apurvi Singh Chandela is an Indian sport shooter who competes in the 10 metre air rifle event. She won the gold medal in the 2019 ISSF World Cup in New Delhi.
- She has secured 2020 Olympics quotas for the country.
3. New Zealand Open Badminton tournament 2019
- The 2019 New Zealand Open, officially the BARFOOT & THOMPSON New Zealand Open 2019, is a badminton tournament which took place at Eventfinda Stadium in Auckland, New Zealand
- The 2019 New Zealand Open was the eleventh tournament of the 2019 BWF World Tour and also part of the New Zealand Open championships which had been held since 1990. This tournament was organized by the Badminton New Zealand and sanctioned by the BWF
- Capital: Wellington || Prime minister: Jacinda Ardern
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15
- Daily Current Affairs: May 16
- Daily Current Affairs: May 17
- Daily Current Affairs: May 18
- Daily Current Affairs: May 19
- Daily Current Affairs: May 20
- Daily Current Affairs: May 21
- Daily Current Affairs: May 22
- Daily Current Affairs: May 23
- Daily Current Affairs: May 24
- Daily Current Affairs: May 25
- Daily Current Affairs: May 26
- Daily Current Affairs: May 27
- Daily Current Affairs: May 28
- Daily Current Affairs: May 29
- Daily Current Affairs: May 30
- Daily Current Affairs: May 31