Daily Current Affairs 3 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 3 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 3 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 3 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Ayurveda Day on Dhanawantari Jayanti
- Ministry of AYUSH will observe Ayurveda Day every year on Dhanawantari Jayanti (Dhanteras).
- This year Ayurveda Day is being observed on 5th November 2018.
- National Seminar on Entrepreneurship and Business Development in Ayurveda will be organised by Ministry of AYUSH and Niti Aayog.
2. Samruddhi scheme
- Karnataka Govt. has launched Samruddhi scheme for SC/ST rural entrepreneurs.
- Government will partner with private enterprises to train the youth from SC/ST communities.
3. India’s Military contract with Russia
- India has signed a $950 million agreement with Russia for two upgraded Krivak III-class stealth frigates.
- The agreement is in between GOI and United Shipbuilding Corporation of Russia.
4. 49th International Film Festival of India
- Malayalam film Olu will be the opening film at the 49th International Film Festival of India.
- The IFFI will be held in Goa and Rahul Rawail will head the feature film jury of thirteen members.
1. New member of International Solar Alliance
- Botswana is the new country to join International Solar Alliance.
- Capital: Gaborone || Currency: Botswana pula
- The International Solar Alliance is an alliance of more than 121 countries initiated by India, most of them being sunshine countries, which lie either completely or partly between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn.
2. Global Soil Biodiversity Atlas
- Global Soil Biodiversity Atlas prepared by World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF).
- India may face grave danger to soil biodiversity.
- Global Soil Biodiversity Atlas is released along with WWF’s bi-annual Living Planet Report 2018.
3. Exercise ‘Dharma Guardian-2018′
- Exercise ‘Dharma Guardian-2018′ is the military exercise between India and Japan.
- It is the first-ever joint military exercise between the nations, has started in Mizoram.
4. India International Cherry Blossom Festival
- Shillong will host second edition of the India International Cherry Blossom Festival in November.
- Capital: Shillong || Governor: Tathagata Roy || Chief minister: Conrad Sangma || Formation: 21 January 1972
1. Ease of Moving Index 2018
- Kolkata has topped ‘Ease of Moving Index 2018’ by Ola Mobility Institute.
- The performance and ranking are in terms of cleanliness and affordability of public transport.
2. CCTNS award
- Punjab Police has awarded Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS) Good Practice Award.
- The award is presented by Union Home Secretary Rajiv Gauba, Director Intelligence Bureau Rajiv Jain, Director National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) Ish Kumar.
3. India’s first floating museum
- Decommissioned Carrier INS Viraat will become India’s first floating museum.
- INS Viraat was a Centaur-class aircraft carrier of the Indian Navy. INS Viraat was the flagship of the Indian Navy before INS Vikramaditya was commissioned in 2013. The ship was completed and commissioned in 1959 as the Royal Navy’s HMS Hermes, and decommissioned in 1984. It was sold to India in 1987.
1. Indian National Rally Championships
- Arunachal Pradesh will host Indian National Rally Championships.
- Indian National Rally Championship or is a rallying series organised by the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India, which is the Governing Body or ASN of India recognised by FIA culminating with National Champion Driver and Co-Driver. The driver and co-drivers’ championship are based on a point system.
2. Vietnam to host F1 race
- Vietnam has become third Southeast Asian country to host F1 race.
- It will host a Formula One race in April 2020.
- Vietnam Capital: Hanoi || Currency: Dong
3. Azhar Ali has announced retirement
- Pakistan batsman Azhar Ali has announced his retirement from all format of cricket.
- Capital: Islamabad || Prime minister: Imran Khan || President: Arif Alvi || Currencies: Pakistani rupee, Rupee
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,3 November