Daily Current Affairs 3 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 3 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 3 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 3 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Rail officials asked to give up privileges
- The Railway Ministry has asked the top railway officials to travel in sleeper and AC 3-tier.
- This is to experience problems faced by ordinary passengers and the officials would also interact with passengers for feedback.
2. UP tops list of states with active gun licenses
- UP houses 12.77 lakh of the total 33.69 lakh people authorised to carry weapons all over India.
- J&K and Punjab come next with 3.69 lakh and 3.59 lakh active licenses.
3. Suicide attack at BSF camp near Srinagar International Airport
- Heavily armed suicide attackers barged into BSF 182 battalion camp .
- Following the attack, all morning flights were suspended and the routed to the airport were sealed.
4. Ram Rahim’s daughter Honeypreet found
- Honeypreet Insan, who was absconding for over a month has been found.
- She said that her relationship with her father was pure and she had not been hiding from anyone and would now approach the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
1. New source of radioactivity from Fukushima leak found
- The radioactive material from the 2011 Fukushima leak has accumulated in sands and groundwater beneath beaches up to 95 km away.
- The team found 10 times higher caesium levels in groundwater than permissible around the leak site.
2. First female President of UK SC
- Brenda Hale has been sworn in as the first female President of the UK’s Supreme Court.
- She had earlier served as Supreme Court’s first female justice in 2009.
3. Startup launches its first space balloon in US
- World View launched its first space balloon called Stratollite that can operate at the upper edge of Earth’s atmosphere.
- The startup claims Stratollite flight platform costs a fraction of the cost of existing technology.
1. Airline shutdown forces UK’s biggest peacetime repatriation
- The closure of UK’s 5th largest airline, Monarch Airlines has affected 9 lakh passengers.
- The country makes effort to bring home over 1 lakh customers stranded overseas.
2. Jio limiting voice calls to 300 min/day
- Reliance Jio is limiting voice calls on its network for some users who are misusing the unlimited calls feature.
- Some users misused the feature by making calls for over 10 hrs per day including promotional calls.
3. RCom shares fall 10%
- The shares fell over 10% after the company called off the merger of its wireless services operations with Aircel.
- Reliance Communications was expecting a transfer of Rs.14,000 crore of debt to the merged entity.
1. Bolt excluded from best athlete list
- Usain Bolt and Justin Gatlin have been excluded from the list of nominees for IAAF’s World Athlete of the year awards.
- It is the first time since 2004 that a world or Olympic 100m champion has not been shortlisted for the title.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15