Daily Current Affairs 3 October 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 3 October 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 3 October 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 3 October 2018 Current affairs test.
1. National Level Entrepreneurship Awareness Campaign
- Small Industries Development Bank of India had launched a National Level Entrepreneurship Awareness Campaign and Udyam Abhilasha.
- It was launched in 115 Aspirational Districts identified by NITI Aayog in 28 States and reaching to around 15,000 youth.
2. New DG of Railway Protection Force
- Arun Kumar has been appointed as Director-General of the Railway Protection Force (RPF).
- He will replace Dharmendra Kumar.
3. Sustainable Mountain Development Summit
- Sustainable Mountain Development Summit VII will be held in Shimla from October 3 to 5.
- The main area of focus will be mountain farmers and enabling sustainable agricultural development.
4. 46th Chief Justice of India
- Justice Ranjan Gogoi has taken oath as the 46th CJI in front of President Kovind at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- He has succeeded 45th CJI Dipak Misra.
1. Bangladesh’s first female major General
- Bangladesh Govt. has appointed Susane Giti as first female major General.
- Bangladesh :- Capital – Dhaka || Currency – Taka || Prime Minister – Sheikh Hasina
2. Nobel Prize 2018
- Nobel Prize in Physics :- Arthur Ashkin, Gerard Mourou and Donna Strickland
- Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2018 :- James P. Allison and Tasuku Honjo (Jointly)
- Nobel Prize in Chemistry :- Frances H Arnold, George P Smith and Gregory P Winter.
3. UNESCO Global Geo-park Network status
- Geological Survey of India has chosen locations in Maharashtra and Karnataka for UNESCO Global Geo-park Network status.
- Lonar Lake :- Maharashtra
- St. Mary’s Island and Malpe beach :- Karnataka
4. United Nations Chief on India Visit
- UN SG Antonio Guterres arrived in New Delhi to take part in ongoing Mahatma Gandhi International Sanitation Convention, New Delhi.
- He will also attend the joint inaugural ceremony of International Solar Alliance.
1. RBI to purchase of Govt. Bonds
- RBI will inject Rs 36000 Cr. in economy through purchase of Govt. Bonds.
- The aim is to counter the festival season demand for funds.
- The Purchase of Government securities is conducted under Open market operation.
2. Rupee crossed 73 to USD
- Indian rupee has reached the all-time low Rs 73 mark against USD for the first time.
- Crude oil prices has surged to $85 per barrel.
3. New Instagram Head
- Facebook has appointed Adam Mosseri as Vice President of Product Instagram.
- He will replace Instagram co-founders Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger.
4. New Chairperson of National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA)
- Rangachari Sridharan(IAS) has been appointed as chairperson of the National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA).
- National Financial Reporting Authority is a body proposed in Companies Act 2013 for the establishment and enforcement of accounting and auditing standards and oversight of the work of auditors.
1. ICC Rankings
- In Team rankings :- The list led by England. India is second followed by New Zealand (third).
- Rohit Sharma :- 2nd spot.
- Shikhar Dhawan :- 5th Spot.
- Rashid Khan has become the top-ranked all-rounder in ODI cricket
2. Ekalabya Puraskar, 2018
- Hockey :- Lilima Minz
- Weightlifter :- Jhili Dalabehera
- Badminton :- Rutuparna Panda
- It is of a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh along with a citation.
3. New Hockey India president
- Mohd Mushtaque Ahmad has been appointed President of Hockey India.
- He will replace Rajinder Singh.