Daily Current Affairs 30th-31st March 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 30th-31st March 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 30th-31st March 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 30th-31st March 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Operation Namaste
- Indian Army has launched ‘Operation Namaste’ to combat the spread of COVID-19.
- Army Chief General MM Naravane
2. Corona Kavach
- Indian Government has launched ‘Corona Kavach’ to track coronavirus.
- The ‘Corona Kavach’ app has been jointly developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Minister of Health and Family Welfare: Harsh Vardhan.
3. First Indian state to launch a self-assessment tool for COVID-19
- Goa has become the first Indian state to launch a self-assessment tool ‘Test Yourself Goa’ for COVID-19.
- Chief Minister of Goa: Pramod Sawant || Governor of Goa: Satya Pal Malik
4. 11 empowered groups to deal with coronavirus
- Government of India has formed 11 empowered groups to deal with COVID-19.
- These 11 empowered groups have been set up by the Indian Government under the Disaster Management Act 2005.
1. New Member of NATO
- North Macedonia became NATO’s newest member.
- The North Atlantic Treaty Organization, also called the North Atlantic Alliance, is an intergovernmental military alliance between 30 North American and European countries. The organization implements the North Atlantic Treaty that was signed on 4 April 1949.
- Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium
1. RBI’s Deputy Governor
- BP Kanungo was reappointed as the Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India.
- The RBI, headed by Governor Shaktikanta Das, can have a maximum of four Deputy Governors.
- Other three Deputy Governors: N S Vishwanathan || MK Jain || Michael Patra
1. PM CARES Fund
- PM Modi has announced the creation of an assistance and emergency situation relief fund PM CARES (Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations) where people can contribute to fight against coronavirus.
- The State Bank of India has partnered for the same.
2. India’s GDP Growth Forecast
- CRISIL has reduced the India’s GDP Growth forecast to 3.5% for FY2021.
- CEO of Crisil: Ashu Suyash || Headquarters of Crisil: Mumbai.
1. Corona Studies Series
- The ‘Corona Studies Series’ will be launched by the National Book Trust.
- Aim: To serve the post-Corona readership needs
- Chairman of National Book Trust, India: Govind Prasad Sharma.
Science and Technology News
1. COVID-19 National Teleconsultation Centre
- COVID-19 National Teleconsultation Centre has been launched by the Health and Family Welfare Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan.
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is an Indian government ministry charged with health policy in India. It is also responsible for all government programs relating to family planning in India. The Minister of Health and Family Welfare holds cabinet rank as a member of the Council of Ministers.
1. National Doctors’ Day
- In the United States, National Doctors’ Day is a day on which the service of physicians to the nation is recognized annually.
- In India, the National Doctors’ Day is celebrated on July 1 all across India to honour the legendary physician and the second Chief Minister of West Bengal, Dr.Bidhan Chandra Roy.
1. Shot-putter Navin Chikara
- Indian shot-putter Navin Chikara has been suspended by the World athletics.
- World Athletics, formerly known as the International Amateur Athletic Federation and International Association of Athletics Federations, is the international governing body for the sport of athletics, covering track and field, cross country running, road running, racewalking, mountain running and ultrarunning.
- Headquarters: Monaco || President: Sebastian Coe