Daily Current Affairs 30 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 30 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 30 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 30 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Budgam district shortlisted for excellence award
- This is for promoting digital payments and cashless economy.
- The facility has been installed at 670 places across the district so far.
2. Chamling longest serving CM
- Pawan Chamling has been ruling Sikkim since 1994.
- Previously, Jyoti Basu served as the longest CM of West Bengal.
3. Every census village has access to electricity
- All of India 5,97,464 villages are electrified as per PM Modi’s promise on Aug 15,2015.
- The last village to be electrified is Leisang in Manipur.
4. Protected areas declared plastic free
- Plastic is banned in all protected areas around the country
- This comes ahead of World Environment Day which is being hosted by India this year.
1. Buddhist meet in Lumbini
- The conference aims to spread messages of non-violence, love and peace to the international community.
- Representatives from 16 countries will attend the conference.
2. IS claims Kabul bombings
- The group has claimed the twin bombings that killed 29 people and injured 40.
- 9 journalists and a cameramen were among those killed.
3. UK Home Sec resigns over scandal
- Amber Rudd said she had no knowledge of quotas for Carribbean migrants.
- Post resignation, UK PM said Rudd led her department with integrity.
4. Blue Origin completes its highest test
- Jeff Bezos’ Blue Origin launched its passenger spaceship New Shephard that reached 107 km.
- The mission aims to send tourists into orbit.
1. Paytm introduces offline payment solution
- The Paytm Tap card uses NFC technology to enable offline payments.
- The card is launched to provide solutions for non-internet customers.
2. HDFC launches humanoid
- IRA 2.0 is aimed to enhance user experience for customers visiting Koramangala branch at Bengaluru.
- HDFC is the 1st bank in India to introduce IRA 1.0 in Mumbai.
3. RBI liberalized norms for ECB
- It will allow Indian companies to access cheaper funds from overseas markets.
- RBI decided to increase ECB Liquidity to Equity ratio to 7:1.
4. Apple India’s profit increases by 44%
- Apple’s profit increased to Rs.373.4 cr for FY16.
- The company’s total income in India grew by 17%.
1. India wins U-12 Tennis Championship
- The girls and boys team defeated their Nepal opponents.
- Both the teams will participate in ITF Asian 12 and Under Team Championship.
2. Nadal clinches 11th Barcelona title
- This is his 55th on clay and 77th in his career.
- He defeated Greek Stefanos who was the youngest finalist in Barcelona since 2005.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15