Daily Current Affairs 30 April 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 30 April 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 30 April 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 30 April 2019 Current affairs test.
1. India 4th Biggest Military Spender
- India was the world’s fourth biggest military spender in 2018
- 1. USA
- 2. China
- 3. Saudi Arabia
- The report is released by Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).
- Stockholm International Peace Research Institute is an international institute based in Sweden, dedicated to research into conflict, armaments, arms control and disarmament.
2. Vice Chief of Indian Air Force
- Air Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria has been appointed as Vice Chief of Indian Air Force (IAF).
- He will replace Anil Khosla.
- The Indian Air Force is the air arm of the Indian Armed Forces. Its complement of personnel and aircraft assets ranks fourth amongst the air forces of the world. Its primary mission is to secure Indian airspace and to conduct aerial warfare during armed conflict.
3. Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limited with Indian Navy
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limited will build eight anti-submarine warfare shallow watercraft (ASWSWC) for the Indian Navy.
- The contract is of worth Rs 6311 crore
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd, abbreviated as GRSE, is one of India’s leading shipyards, located in Kolkata, West Bengal. It builds and repairs commercial and naval vessels. Presently GRSE has also started building export ships in a mission to expand its business.
- GRSE Headquarters: Kolkata.
1. Emperor of Japan steps down
- Emperor of Japan Akihito has become first Japanese Emperor to step down from the throne in more than 200 years.
- His son, Crown Prince Naruhito, will ascend the Chrysanthemum throne.
- Akihito reigned as the 125th Emperor of Japan according to the traditional order of succession, from 7 January 1989 until his abdication on 30 April 2019. He succeeded to the Chrysanthemum Throne upon the death of his father, Emperor Shōwa.
- Naruhito will succeed to the Chrysanthemum Throne on 1 May 2019, following the abdication of his father, Akihito, at the end of 30 April 2019, beginning the Reiwa period.
- According to Japan’s traditional order of succession, he is the 126th member of the dynasty.
2. International Jazz Day
- International Jazz Day is celebrated annually on April 30.
- International Jazz Day is an International Day declared by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization in 2011 “to highlight jazz and its diplomatic role of uniting people in all corners of the globe.”
3. Mark Medoff passes away
- Mark Medoff was an American playwright, screenwriter, film and theatre director, actor, and professor.
- His play Children of a Lesser God received both the Tony Award and the Olivier Award.
- The screen adaptation of “Children of a Lesser God” earned an Oscar nomination.
1. Global Food Policy Report-2019
- International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) has released Global Food Policy Report-2019.
- Highlight :- ‘Urgency of rural revitalization to address a growing crisis in rural areas’.
- Rural population account for 45.3% of the world’s total population.
- The rural population suffers from rapid population growth rates, inadequate job and enterprise creation, poor infrastructure, scarce financial services.
2. Belt and Road Forum
- The 2nd edition of Belt and Road Forum (BRF) was held in Beijing, China.
- The BCIM (Bangladesh-China-India-Myanmar) Corridor linking India And Myanmar is no longer under the BRI Coverage Framework
- The Belt and Road Initiative is a development strategy adopted by the Chinese government involving infrastructure development and investments in 152 countries and international organizations in Europe, Asia, Middle East, Latin America and Africa.
3. Spotify App
- Spotify is now the first for any online music service with 100 million paid subscribers.
- Spotify is a Swedish audio streaming platform that provides DRM-protected music and podcasts from record labels and media companies.
4. Ola with SBI
- Ola will launch a credit card in partnership with State Bank of India.
- Flipkart with Axis Bank or HDFC Bank will also launch its own credit card
- Amazon had earlier launched co-branded credit card in partnership with ICICI Bank.
1. Asian Wrestling Championships
- India has won a total of 16 Medals in Asian Wrestling Championships.
- Men’s freestyle Wrestling:- eight medals comprising one gold, three silver and four bronze
- Women’s freestyle Wrestling:- four bronze.
- Greco-Roman Wrestling :- four medals comprising three silver and one bronze.
2. Azerbaijan Grand Prix
- Valtteri Bottas beat Lewis Hamilton to win Azerbaijan Grand Prix.
- Valtteri Viktor Bottas is a Finnish racing driver currently competing in Formula One with Mercedes.
- Azerbaijan, the nation and former Soviet republic, is bounded by the Caspian Sea and Caucasus Mountains, which span Asia and Europe. Its capital, Baku
- Capital: Baku || Currency: Azerbaijani manat
3. Bajrang Punia at Madison Square Garden
- Bajrang Punia has become first Indian wrestler to be invited by American wrestling body for a special fight at Madison Square Garden in New York.
- He will take on two-time US national champion Yianni Diakomahlis.
4. Professional Footballers’ Association Players’ Player of the Year
- Men’s Player of the Year :- Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk
- Women’s Player of the Year :- Arsenal Women Football Club’s Vivianne Miedema
- Manchester City’s Raheem Sterling (Men’s) and Georgia Stanway(Women’s) were named as the Young Players of the Year.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15
- Daily Current Affairs: April 16
- Daily Current Affairs: April 17
- Daily Current Affairs: April 18
- Daily Current Affairs: April 19
- Daily Current Affairs: April 20
- Daily Current Affairs: April 21
- Daily Current Affairs: April 22
- Daily Current Affairs: April 23
- Daily Current Affairs: April 24
- Daily Current Affairs: April 25
- Daily Current Affairs: April 26
- Daily Current Affairs: April 27
- Daily Current Affairs: April 28
- Daily Current Affairs: April 29
- Daily Current Affairs: April 30