Daily Current Affairs 30th April 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 30th April 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 30th April 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 30th April 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Doorstep Aanganwadi
- Women and Child Development Ministry has taken a unique initiative in Gujarat called Umbare Aanganwadi (doorstep Aanganwadi) to reach out to children during the lockdown.
- Minister of Women and Child Development and Textiles- Smriti Zubin Irani
- Gujarat: Chief minister– Vijay Rupani || Governor– Acharya Devvrat
1. Asian Development Bank loan to India
- Asian Development Bank has approved $1.5 billion loan to India to help fund its fight against COVID-19.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB): Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines || President: Masatsugu Asakawa || Founded: 19 December 1966
2. Petersberg Climate Dialogue
- Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate change, Prakash Javadekar has attended the 11th session of Petersberg Climate Dialogue.
- The dialogue was hosted by Germany and was co-chaired by the United Kingdom.
3. Access to COVID-19 Tools Accelerator
- G-20 has launched ‘Access to COVID-19 Tools Accelerator’ initiative under the presidency of Saudi Arabia.
- Aim: To leverage interdependencies for collective partnership and guiding investments for COVID-19 treatment.
1. Axis Bank with Max Life Insurance
- Axis Bank will acquire a 29% additional stake in Max Life Insurance.
- Axis Bank: HQ: Mumbai || MD and CEO of Axis Bank: Amitabh Chaudhry.
1. Airtel and Nokia
- Bharti Airtel has signed with Nokia to deploy Nokia’s SRAN solutions across nine circles in India to improve 4G network experience.
- Bharti Airtel: CEO: Gopal Vittal || Head Quarters: New Delhi
- Nokia: Headquarters: Espoo, Finland || Risto Siilasmaa : chairman || Rajeev Suri : president and CEO
2. India’s Growth Estimate by Moody’s
- Moody’s Investors Service has slashed India Growth forecast for FY2020 to 2.0% from 2.5%.
- Moody’s rating agency: Headquarters: New York || CEO: Raymond W. McDaniel Jr.
Science and Technology News
1. Low Cost Ventilators by Maruti Suzuki
- Automobile giant Maruti Suzuki has developed low cost ventilators to combat COVID-19.
- Chairman of Maruti Suzuki: RC Bhargava || Headquarters of Maruti Suzuki: New Delhi.
1. Chairperson of the Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB)
- Former finance secretary Rajiv Kumar has been appointed as the chairperson of the Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB).
- Rajiv Kumar is an Indian economist and is currently the vice-chairman of the NITI Aayog. He is the chancellor of the Gokhale Institute of Economics and Politics in Pune and founding director of Pahle India Foundation, a non-profit research organisation that specialises in policy-oriented research and analysis.
1. Ayushman Bharat Diwas
- Ayushman Bharat Diwas is celebrated every year on the 30th April in India.
- Aim: To help provide and promote affordable medical facilities in the remote parts of the country.
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana was launched by PM Narendra Modi in 2018 to provide various benefits with a cover of 5 lakh rupees per family per year.
2. International Dance Day
- International Dance Day is a global celebration of dance, created by the Dance Committee of the International Theatre Institute, the main partner for the performing arts of UNESCO.
- The event takes place every year on 29 April, which is the anniversary of the birth of Jean-Georges Noverre, the creator of modern ballet.
3. International Jazz Day
- International Jazz Day is celebrated on 30 April by UNESCO.
- International Jazz Day is an International Day declared by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization in 2011 “to highlight jazz and its diplomatic role of uniting people in all corners of the globe.”
1. Bijay Mishra passes away
- Noted Odia Dramatist Bijay Mishra has passed away.
- Bijay Mishra was a dramatist, lyricist and screenwriter from India. He was also a mainstream script writer in Odia Cinema & TV Industry. He was a recipient of the State Sahitya Academy Award, Konark Samman as well as the Kendra Sangeet Natak Akademi Award and the Odisha Sahitya Akademi Award.
2. Rishi Kapoor passes away
- Actor Rishi Kapoor has passed away.
- He received the National Film Award for Best Child Artist for his debut role in his father Raj Kapoor’s 1970 film Mera Naam Joker.
- For his performance in Do Dooni Chaar (2010), he won the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor, and for his role in Kapoor & Sons (2016), he won the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor. He was honoured with the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 2008.
1. Umar Akmal banned by PCB
- Pakistani batsman Umar Akmal has been banned by Pakistan Cricket Board for all forms of cricket amid corruptions.
- Umar Akmal failed to report details of corrupt approaches made to him ahead of 2020 PSL.
2. Indian middle-distance runner JhumaKhatun
- Athletics Integrity Unit has banned the Indian middle-distance runner JhumaKhatun for 4 years for failing dope test.
- Middle-distance running events are track races longer than sprints, up to 3000 metres. The standard middle distances are the 800 metres, 1500 metres and mile run, although the 3000 metres may also be classified as a middle-distance event.
3. Men’s World Boxing Championships 2021
- International Boxing Association (AIBA) has terminated the agreement signed in 2017 by India for hosting the rights of the men’s World boxing championship 2021.
- The Men’s World boxing championship 2021 will be held in Serbia.
- AIBA: Founded: 1946 || Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland || President: Dr Mohamed Moustahsane.