Daily Current Affairs 30 January 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 30 January 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 30 January 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 30 January 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Best tableau at the 71st Republic Day parade
- Assam tableau has won the first prize at 71st Republic Day parade.
- The theme of Assam’s tableau was ‘Land of unique craftsmanship and culture’.
2. ‘Shiv Bhojan’ scheme
- Maharashtra Government has launched ‘Shiv Bhojan’ scheme.
- The scheme aims to provide a meal to the poor for just 10 rupees.
- Chief Minister of Maharashtra: Uddhav Bal Thackeray || Governor of Maharashtra: Bhagat Singh Koshyari.
3. Hindi Novel ‘Balwa’
- Minister of Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi has penned a Hindi novel titled ‘Balwa’.
- Balwa is a story based on the happenings like communal conflicts, that shook the country in the 90s.
4. Padma Awards 2020
- Padma Awards – one of the highest civilian Awards of the country, are conferred in three categories, namely, Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri.
- The Awards are given in various disciplines/ fields of activities, viz.- art, social work, public affairs, science and engineering, trade and industry, medicine, literature and education, sports, civil service, etc.
- ‘Padma Vibhushan’ is awarded for exceptional and distinguished service; ‘Padma Bhushan’ for distinguished service of high order and ‘Padma Shri’ for distinguished service in any field.
- The list had 141 awards – seven Padma Vibhushan, 16 Padma Bhushan and 118 Padma Shri.
- Former Union ministers Arun Jaitley, Sushma Swaraj and George Fernandes – all of whom died in 2019 – were posthumously awarded the Padma Vibhushan
- Guru Vishwesha Teertha, Boxer MC Mary Kom and classical singer Chhannulal Mishra. Mauritius Prime Minister Anerood Gugnauth have also been awarded the Padma Vibhushan
5. Election Commission of India’s Award
- ‘The Hindu Tamil’ Newspaper has won the Election Commission of India’s award for its voter awareness and education campaign in 2019.
- Hindu Tamil Thisai is a Tamil daily newspaper headquartered at Chennai. It is published by The Hindu Group. The first issue was published on 16 September 2013. It is printed in seven centres including Chennai.
- Owner: The Hindu Group
6. Srinagar declared Open Defecation Free
- Srinagar has joined the list of ‘Open Defecation Free’, According to Mayor of Srinagar Junaid Azim Mattu.
- Srinagar has received its Swachhata Certificate from Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
1. Britain Unveils New 50 Pence Coin
- Britain has unveiled a new 50 pence coin minted to mark Brexit.
- Brexit is the United Kingdom’s transition to fully leave the European Union. Following a June 2016 referendum, in which 51.9% voted to leave, the UK government formally announced the country’s withdrawal in March 2017, beginning the Brexit process. The UK will withdraw from the EU at 11 p.m. GMT on 31 January 2020.
2. Oxford Hindi Word of the Year 2019
- ‘Samvidhaan’ announced as the Oxford Hindi Word of the Year 2019.
- The Oxford English Dictionary is the principal historical dictionary of the English language, published by Oxford University Press.
3. African cheetah to suitable wildlife habitat in India
- The Supreme Court of India allowed Indian Government to introduce the African cheetah to suitable habitat in India.
- National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) had filed an application seeking permission for the introduction of the African cheetah from Namibia.
1. Apollo Bajaj Finserv Health EMI card
- Apollo Hospitals Group in collaboration with Bajaj Finserv has launched a ‘Health EMI Card’.
- Bajaj Finserv Limited, a part of Bajaj Holdings & Investments Limited, is an Indian financial services company focused on lending, asset management, wealth management and insurance.
- Headquarters: Pune || CEO: Sanjiv Bajaj
2. SBI virtual card
- SBI has rolled out a one-use ‘SBI Virtual Card’ for its net banking users which allows them to make online payments without exposing their real debit and credit card details to the merchant.
- SBI virtual card is a single usage card.
3. Airtel with Western Union
- Bharti Airtel has associated with Western Union Financial services to launch real-time payments into bank accounts in India and mobile wallets across.
- The Western Union Company is an American worldwide financial services and communications company. Its headquarters is in Denver, Colorado. Up until it discontinued the service in 2006, Western Union was globally the best-known American company in the business of exchanging telegrams.
- Headquarters: Denver, Colorado, United States || CEO: Hikmet Ersek
4. Air India on sale
- Government has invited bids to sell its 100% stake in Air India which also involves 100% stake in low-cost airline Air India Express and 50% shareholding in joint venture AISATS.
- Air India : CEO: Pradeep Singh Kharola || Headquarters: New Delhi
5. TCS BaNCS Core Banking Solution
- TCS has successfully integrated operations of Tamil Nadu’s two rural banks — PandyanGrama Bank and PallavanGrama Bank.
- PandyanGrama Bank and PallavanGrama Bank were merged to form Tamil Nadu Grama Bank — onto TCS BaNCS Core Banking Solution within six months of the formation of the merged bank.
1. 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- Javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra has qualified for 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- He qualified with a throw of 87.86m at the Athletics Central North East meeting in South Africa.
2. Gibraltar Chess Festival
- Young Indian Grand Master R Praggnanandhaa has defeated former world champion Veselin Topalov in the sixth round of the 18th Gibraltar Chess Festival.
- Veselin Aleksandrov Topalov is a Bulgarian chess grandmaster and former FIDE World Chess Champion.
- Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa is an Indian chess player. A chess prodigy, he is the fourth-youngest person ever to achieve the title of Grandmaster, behind Sergey Karjakin, Gukesh D and Javokhir Sindarov.
- Daily Current Affairs: January 1
- Daily Current Affairs: January 2
- Daily Current Affairs: January 3
- Daily Current Affairs: January 4
- Daily Current Affairs: January 5
- Daily Current Affairs: January 6
- Daily Current Affairs: January 7
- Daily Current Affairs: January 8
- Daily Current Affairs: January 9
- Daily Current Affairs: January 10
- Daily Current Affairs: January 11
- Daily Current Affairs: January 12
- Daily Current Affairs: January 13
- Daily Current Affairs: January 14
- Daily Current Affairs: January 15
- Daily Current Affairs: January 16
- Daily Current Affairs: January 17
- Daily Current Affairs: January 18
- Daily Current Affairs: January 19
- Daily Current Affairs: January 20
- Daily Current Affairs: January 21
- Daily Current Affairs: January 22
- Daily Current Affairs: January 23
- Daily Current Affairs: January 24
- Daily Current Affairs: January 25
- Daily Current Affairs: January 26
- Daily Current Affairs: January 27
- Daily Current Affairs: January 28
- Daily Current Affairs: January 29
- Daily Current Affairs: January 30
- Daily Current Affairs: January 31