Daily Current Affairs 30 July 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 30 July 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 30 July 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 30 July 2019 Current affairs test.
1. New Chairman of ‘Estimates Committee’
- Girish Bapat has been appointed the chairman of the “Estimates Committee” of the parliament.
- The Estimates Committee is a committee of selected members of parliament, constituted by the Parliament of India, for the purpose of scrutinising the functioning of government ministries and departments in terms of expenditure and utilisation of funds.
- Founded: 1950 || Tenure: 1 year || Chairperson party: Bharatiya Janata Party || Appointer: Speaker of the Lok Sabha.
2. Next Director General of Military Operations of the Indian Army
- Lt Gen Paramjit Singh has been appointed as next Director General of Military Operations of Indian Army.
- A military operation is the coordinated military actions of a state, or a non-state actor, in response to a developing situation. These actions are designed as a military plan to resolve the situation in the state or actor’s favour.
- The Indian Army is the land-based branch and the largest component of Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Army, and it is commanded by the Chief of Army Staff, who is a four-star general.
3. S Jaipal Reddy passes away
- Sudini Jaipal Reddy was an Indian politician who was the member of the Lok Sabha of India for five terms.
- He represented the Chevella constituency of Telangana and was a member of the Indian National Congress.
- He served as a Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting in the I. K. Gujral cabinet in 1998.
4. New Chairman of National Anti-profiteering Authority
- Badri Narain Sharma has been appointed as Chairman of National Anti-profiteering Authority for 2 years.
- The National Anti-Profiteering Authority (NAA) has been constituted under Section 171 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 to ensure that the reduction in rate of tax or the benefit of input tax credit is passed on to the recipient by way of commensurate reduction in prices.
1. Miss Deaf World 2019
- Vidisha Baliyan of Uttar Pradesh, India has been crowned Miss Deaf World 2019.
- She has become the 1st Indian to bag the title.
2. President Kovind Three Nation Visit
- President Kovind has embarked on a three Nation tour of Benin, The Gambia and Guinea.
- Benin is a French-speaking West African nation. Capital: Porto-Novo || Currency: West African CFA franc
- The Gambia is a small West African country, bounded by Senegal, with a narrow Atlantic coastline. Capital: Banjul || Currency: Gambian dalasi
- Guinea is a country in West Africa, bordered on the west by the Atlantic Ocean. || Capital: Conakry || Currency: Guinean franc
3. PM Narendra Modi with ‘Man vs Wild’
- PM Modi will feature in an episode of ‘Man vs Wild’ along with show’s host Bear Grylls.
- Edward Michael Grylls OBE, better known as Bear Grylls, is a British former SAS serviceman, survival instructor, and honorary lieutenant-colonel, and, outside his military career, an adventurer, writer, television presenter and businessman.
- Host Bear Grylls tackles extreme challenges and navigates through remote locations around the world, sharing invaluable survival strategies along the way.
4. Global Ayurveda Summit 2019
- Global Ayurveda Summit 2019 will be held at Kochi, Kerala.
- Theme: ‘Mainstreaming Ayurveda Start-ups, Innovation and Branding’.
1. GST rate on electric vehicles
- GST Council has decided to reduce GST rate on Electric Vehicles to 5% from August 1.
- This follows government announcing ₹1.5-lakh income tax deduction on loan interest for purchasing Electric Vehicles.
2. India-Nepal Logistics Summit 2019
- Nepal Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli has inaugurated ‘India-Nepal Logistics Summit 2019’ in Kathmandu.
- Theme: ‘Transforming Logistics Landscape’.
3. Banning of Unregulated Deposit Schemes Bill 2019
- Parliament(Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha) has passed Banning of Unregulated Deposit Schemes Bill 2019.
- It seeks a comprehensive mechanism to ban unregulated deposits other than deposits taken in ordinary course of businesses and to protect the interest of depositors.
4. Indian Railway’s first Printing Press Heritage Gallery
- Western Railway has opened first of its kind Printing Press Heritage Gallery at Mahalaxmi in Mumbai.
- It portrays a heritage gallery of the printing and allied machines used in the Western Railway Printing Press.
1. Khelo India Youth Games 2020
- Khelo India Youth Games 2020 will be held in Guwahati.
- Khelo India Youth Games, formerly Khelo India School Games, meaning Play India Youth Games, held annually in January or February, are the national level multidisciplinary grass root games in India held for two categories, namely under-17 years school students and under-21 college students.
2. German Grand Prix
- Max Verstappen of Red Bull Racing has won German Grand Prix defeating Sebastian Vettel of Ferrari.
- Max Verstappen is a Belgian-Dutch racing driver who competes under the Dutch flag in Formula One with Red Bull Racing.
- Sebastian Vettel is a German racing driver who races in Formula One for Scuderia Ferrari.
3. German Tennis Championships (Rothenbaum tournament)
- Nikoloz Basilashvili has won German Tennis Championships defeating Andrey Rublev.
- The German Open Hamburg is an annual tennis tournament for male professional players held in Hamburg, Germany and part of the Association of Tennis Professionals Tour.
- NikolozBasilashvili is a Georgian professional tennis player.
4. Tour de France
- Egan Bernal of Colombia has won Tour de France Title.
- He has become the first Latin American winner of the race.
- The Tour de France is an annual men’s multiple stage bicycle race primarily held in France, while also occasionally passing through nearby countries. Like the other Grand Tours, it consists of 21 day-long stages over the course of 23 days. It “is the world’s most prestigious and most difficult bicycle race”.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31