Daily Current Affairs 30 October 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 30 October 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 30 October 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 30 October 2019 Current affairs test.
1. ‘Tamanna’ Aptitude Test
- CBSE and NCERT have launched an online aptitude test called as ‘Tamanna’.
- ‘Tamanna’ means Try And Measure Aptitude And Natural Abilities.
- It aims at helping students of Class 9 and 10 make a better choice of subjects for 11th and 12th.
2. Dilip Parikh passes away
- Former Gujarat Chief Minister Dilip Parikh passed away.
- Dilip Ramanbhai Parikh was an Indian politician and industrialist. He was the 13th Chief Minister of Gujarat from 28 October 1997 to 4 March 1998.
3. Udyog Rattan Award
- Thakur Anup Singh (CMD of Marg Erp Limited) has bagged Udyog Rattan Award from Government of India.
- The Udyogh Rattan Award is conferred annually to Indian citizens, for their outstanding contribution to the economic development of the country.
- The award is conferred by the Institute of Economic Studies, India (IES), affiliated with the government of India and the selection is done by a panel of judges who are usually eminent citizens with economic backgrounds. Nominations are made by the existing members, and absolute care is taken that there is no bias or favouritism. Normally there are hundreds of nominees and it takes several weeks or sometimes months of scrutiny to short-list and finalize the recipients.
4. Vote through Postal Ballot
- The disabled and people over 80 years of age can cast their vote through Postal Ballot.
- Postal voting is voting in an election whereby ballot papers are distributed to electors or returned by post, in contrast to electors voting in person at a polling station or electronically via an electronic voting system.
- For this Ministry of Law and Justice has amended the Conduct of Election Rules, 1961 on the recommendation of the Election Commission.
1. BASIC Ministerial Meet
- The 29th BASIC ministerial meet on climate change was held in Beijing, China.
- The BASIC countries are a bloc of four large newly industrialized countries – Brazil, South Africa, India and China – formed by an agreement on 28 November 2009.
- The four committed to act jointly at the Copenhagen climate summit, including a possible united walk-out if their common minimum position was not met by the developed nations.
2. New President of Botswana
- President Mokgweetsi Masisi has been re-elected as the President of Botswana.
- Botswana: Capital: Gaborone || Currency: Botswana pula
3. International Animation Day
- 28 October is observed as International Animation Day.
- International Animation Day was an international observance proclaimed in 2002 by the ASIFA as the main global event to celebrate the art of animation.
- This day commemorates the first public performance of Charles-Émile Reynaud’s ThéâtreOptique at the Grevin Museum in Paris, 1892.
1. Book ‘Measuring Poverty around the World’
- Book ‘Measuring Poverty around the World’ is authored by late British economist Anthony Barnes Atkinson.
- Sir Anthony Barnes “Tony” Atkinson CBE FBA was a British economist, senior research fellow of Nuffield College, Oxford, and Centennial Professor at the London School of Economics. A student of James Meade, Atkinson virtually single-handedly established the modern British field of inequality and poverty studies.
2. New CMD of National Small Industries Corporation
- Vijayendra has been appointed as Chairman & Managing Director of National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC).
- National Small Industries Corporation Limited is a Mini Ratna PSU established by the Government of India in 1955 It falls under Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises of India.
- Headquarters location: New Delhi || Founder: Government of India || Founded: 1955 || Parent organization: Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises || Areas served: India, Africa
3. National CSR Award 2018
- Edelweiss Financial Services Ltd was conferred with National CSR Award 2018 by Ministry of Corporate Affairs for excellence in corporate social responsibility.
- Edelweiss Group is an investment and financial services company based in Mumbai, India. It is not backed up by any major conglomerate. The parent company of the group is Edelweiss Financial Services Limited, co-founded by Rashesh Shah, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman.
- Chairman and CEO of Edelweiss Group Rashesh Shah
1. FIDE Chess.com Grand Swiss tournament 2019
- Grandmaster D. Harika has won the Best Women’s Player prize in FIDE Chess.com Grand Swiss tournament 2019.
- Harika Dronavalli is an Indian chess grandmaster. She has won three bronze medals in the Women’s World Chess Championship, in 2012, 2015 and 2017. Dronavalli was honored with the Arjuna Award for the year 2007–08 by the government of India.
2. KR Wadhwaney passes away
- Veteran Sports Journalist KR Wadhwaney has passed away.
- Wadhwaney went on to become the Sports Editor of Indian Express newspaper.
- He worked as a freelance writer for several Indian newspapers after his retirement. Wadhwaney had also written 31 books on sports and its various aspects.
3. Shakib Al Hasan banned from Cricket
- Bangladesh’s Captain Shakib Al Hasan has banned from all cricket for two years by ICC.
- He was banned for not reporting a corrupt approach.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15
- Daily Current Affairs: October 16
- Daily Current Affairs: October 17
- Daily Current Affairs: October 18
- Daily Current Affairs: October 19
- Daily Current Affairs: October 20
- Daily Current Affairs: October 21
- Daily Current Affairs: October 22
- Daily Current Affairs: October 23
- Daily Current Affairs: October 24
- Daily Current Affairs: October 25
- Daily Current Affairs: October 26
- Daily Current Affairs: October 27
- Daily Current Affairs: October 28
- Daily Current Affairs: October 29
- Daily Current Affairs: October 30
- Daily Current Affairs: October 31