Daily Current Affairs 30 September 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 30 September 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 30 September 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 30 September 2019 Current affairs test.
1. New Chairman of Chiefs of Staff Committee
- Army Chief General Bipin Rawat has taken over as new Chairman of Chiefs of Staff Committee (COSC) replacing outgoing Air Chief BS Dhanoa.
- The Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Committee, is the head of the Chiefs of Staff Committee. The most senior chief of staff is appointed to serve as a chairman until he retires.
2. Book ‘Reset: Regaining India’s Economic Legacy’
- Book ‘Reset: Regaining India’s Economic Legacy’ is authored by BJP Rajya Sabha MP Subramanian Swamy.
- This Book tracks the country’s economic development over the years and offers solutions for future growth.
- Subramanian Swamy is an Indian politician, economist, statistician and polymath who serves as a nominated Member of Parliament in Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Indian Parliament. Swamy has served as a member of the Planning Commission of India and was a Cabinet Minister in the Chandra Shekhar government.
3. National Tourism Awards
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu conferred National Tourism Awards in various categories.
- Best Film Promotion Friendly State – Uttarakhand
- Best State award for overall growth – Andhra Pradesh
- Best State in Adventure Tourism category – Goa and Madhya Pradesh
- Best State in innovative use of Information Technology(IT) – Telangana
4. Rural Investors and Start-up Conclave (RISC) 2019
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has inaugurated Rural Investors and Start-up Conclave (RISC) 2019 at National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR), Hyderabad.
- The National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj is an Indian institute for research in rural development. It is located in Rajendranagar near Hyderabad.
5. Minor Planet ‘Panditjasraj (300128)
- International Astronomical Union (IAU) has named a minor planet ‘Panditjasraj (300128)’ after Indian Musician Pandit Jasraj.
- Pandit Jasraj is an Indian classical vocalist, belonging to the Mewatigharana. His musical career has spanned more than 80 years and led to numerous major awards. His performances of classical and semi-classical vocals have become albums and film soundtracks. Jasraj has taught music in India, Canada and the US.
- The International Astronomical Union is an international association of professional astronomers, at the PhD level and beyond, active in professional research and education in astronomy.
- Headquarters: Paris, France || Founded: 28 July 1919 || President: Ewine van Dishoeck || Membership: 82 national members || General Secretary: Maria Teresa Lago
6. Global Goals Jam 3.0
- World University of Design has concluded the India edition of global event focusing on design thinking and service design methodologies – Global Goals Jam 3.0 (GGJ).
- World University of Design is a private university located in Rajiv Gandhi Education City, Sonipat, Haryana, India. The university was established in 2018 through The Haryana Private Universities Act 2017 following the passing of the Bill in October 2017.
- World University of Design (WUD) is India’s first University dedicated to education in the creative domain.
1. World Digital Competitiveness Rankings
- World Digital Competitiveness Rankings (WDCR) 2019 is released by International Institute for Management Development.
- 1. USA
- 2. Singapore
- 3. Sweden
- 4. Denmark
- 5. Switzerland
- India has been ranked at 44th in IMD’s World Digital Competitiveness Rankings 2019.
2. Important Days in September
- World Pharmacists Day: September 25
- To spread awareness about the pharmacist’s role in improving health in every part of the world.
- Antyodaya Diwas Day: September 25
- Antyodaya Diwas Day is to commemorate the birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya.
- World Environmental Health Day 2019: September 26
- The International Federation of Environmental Health has declared that climate change impacts vulnerable communities and calls for global assistance in aims of building environmental health.
- World Tourism Day: September 27
- United Nations World Tourism Organization has celebrated World Tourism Day as international observances.
- This year for the first time India will be hosting World Tourism Day which has the theme ‘Tourism and Jobs: a better future for all’.
3. International Award for Passenger Satisfaction by Airport Council International
- Airport Council International has recognised Cochin International Airport Limited as the best airport under Passenger Satisfaction.
- Airports Council International is the only global trade representative of the world’s airport authorities.
- Founded: 1991 || Subsidiary: Airports Council International-North America
4. International Translation Day
- International Translation Day is celebrated every year on 30 September on the feast of St. Jerome, the Bible translator who is considered the patron saint of translators.
- The celebrations have been promoted by International Federation of Translators ever since it was set up in 1953.
1. RamanSat 2 miniature satellite
- NASA has successfully launched ‘RamanSat 2’ miniature satellite designed by 17-year-old Indian student Aabhaas Sikka.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is an independent agency of the United States Federal Government responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and aerospace research. NASA was established in 1958, succeeding the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics.
- Headquarters: Washington || Founder: Dwight D. Eisenhower || Founded: 29 July 1958, United States || Administered by: Jim Bridenstine
2. PCA for Lakshmi Vilas Bank
- RBI has initiated Prompt Corrective Action for Lakshmi Vilas Bank.
- Prompt Corrective Action is a RBI action mandating progressive penalties against banks that exhibit progressively deteriorating capital ratios.
3. UNCTAD’s GDP forecast for India
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) has forecast India’s GDP to moderate to 6% in 2019.
- The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development was established in 1964 as a permanent intergovernmental body. UNCTAD is the part of the United Nations Secretariat dealing with trade, investment, and development issues.
- UNCTAD: Headquarters location: Geneva, Switzerland || Head: Mukhisa Kituyi
4. Devin Wenig Resigns
- EBay Inc. Chief Executive Officer Devin Wenig has resigned from his post.
- Devin Norse Wenig is an American business executive, and the president and CEO of eBay from July 2015 to September 2019.
- eBay Inc. is an American multinational e-commerce corporation based in San Jose, California that facilitates consumer-to-consumer and business-to-consumer sales through its website. eBay was founded by Pierre Omidyar in the autumn of 1995, and became a notable success story of the dot-com bubble.
- Founder: Pierre Omidyar || Founded: 3 September 1995, San Jose, California, United States
5. UN Global Climate Action Award
- Infosys has won the United Nations Global Climate Action Award in ‘Carbon Neutral Now’ Category.
- Infosys has become the only Indian corporate to earn the recognition for its efforts to combat climate change.
1. Toray Pan Pacific Open 2019
- The 36th edition of Toray Pan Pacific Open 2019 Professional Women’s tennis tournament was held in Osaka, Japan.
- Women’s singles: Naomi Osaka of Japan
- Women’s doubles: Taiwanese tennis players Latisha Chan and Chan Hao-ching
2. Wrestler Deepak Punia
- Indian wrestler Deepak Punia has achieved the top-most position in the world rankings in the 86-kg freestyle men’s wrestling category.
- Wrestler Deepak Punia had recently won the silver medal in the World Championships
- Daily Current Affairs: September 1
- Daily Current Affairs: September 2
- Daily Current Affairs: September 3
- Daily Current Affairs: September 4
- Daily Current Affairs: September 5
- Daily Current Affairs: September 6
- Daily Current Affairs: September 7
- Daily Current Affairs: September 8
- Daily Current Affairs: September 9
- Daily Current Affairs: September 10
- Daily Current Affairs: September 11
- Daily Current Affairs: September 12
- Daily Current Affairs: September 13
- Daily Current Affairs: September 14
- Daily Current Affairs: September 15
- Daily Current Affairs: September 16
- Daily Current Affairs: September 17
- Daily Current Affairs: September 18
- Daily Current Affairs: September 19
- Daily Current Affairs: September 20
- Daily Current Affairs: September 21
- Daily Current Affairs: September 22
- Daily Current Affairs: September 23
- Daily Current Affairs: September 24
- Daily Current Affairs: September 25
- Daily Current Affairs: September 26
- Daily Current Affairs: September 27
- Daily Current Affairs: September 28
- Daily Current Affairs: September 29
- Daily Current Affairs: September 30