Daily Current Affairs 30 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 30 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 30 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try
30 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. National Mission on Government e Marketplace
- It will be launched on 5th September to accelerate the adoption and its uses by major central Ministries, State Governments and their agencies.
- The aim is to provide is to promote inclusiveness, transparency in public procurement and achieve cashless transaction.
2. 6th RCEP Ministerial Meeting
- 6th RCEP Ministerial Meeting has begun in Singapore.
- Suresh Prabhu(Union Minister of Commerce& Industry) is leading the Indian delegation.
3. Prime Minister’s Science Technology and Innovation Advisory Committee (PM-STIAC)
- Government has constituted a 21-member PM-STIAC (A New Science And Technology Council) to advise PM Narendra Modi.
- K Vijay Raghavan will head this council.
1. BIMSTEC Summit
- PM Narendra Modi to attend the Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation or BIMSTEC Summit Nepal.
- The BIMSTEC is a regional grouping of seven countries – Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Bhutan, and Nepal. The theme of the summit is: ‘Towards a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable Bay of Bengal region’.
2. India’s next High Commissioner to UK
- The next High Commissioner of India to the UK will be Ruchi Ghanashyam.
- She will succeed YK Sinha who had assumed the charge as the Indian High Commissioner in the UK in December, 2016.
3. World’s first country to give free sanitary products to students
- Scotland is World’s first country to give free sanitary products to students.
- The government had announced a program costing 5.2 million pounds, or about $6.4 million, to supply 395,000 students with essential sanitary products every month, beginning in September.
1. India and ADB signed a Loan
- India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a $375 million loan agreement.
- This loan is signed for Madhya Pradesh to double farming incomes by expanding irrigation networks and system efficiency.
2. Project ‘Navlekha’- A Google Initiative
- Google has launched Project ‘Navlekha’ to bring offline content online.
- It will help in bringing more Indian languages content online.
3. WhatsApp to launch radio campaign
- WhatsApp will be rolling out a radio campaign across India to fight fake news
- The Radio will be aired on 46 Hindi speaking stations of All India Radio.
1. Asian Games 2018-Athletics
- Jinson Johnson won Gold in 1500m Sprint.
- Seema Punia has won the bronze medal in women’s discus throw.
2. Asian Games 2018
- Indian women’s hockey team defeated China 1-0 to reach final.
- Indian men’s hockey team lose to Malaysia in Semi-final.
3. UEFA Champions League draw
- European giants including Barcelona, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Juventus will find out their Champions League groups.
- The final qualifying rounds for UEFA Champions League has concluded
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15