Daily Current Affairs 30 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 30 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 30 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 30 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Indian-origin scientist awarded top British royal honour
- Pratibha Laxman Gai has over 300 referred scientific papers in leading journals and nine co-authored and edited books and journal issues.
- She’s the fourth Indian-origin woman awarded the honour since it was instituted in 1917.
2. Pak plans to build hydropower project in PoK
- The proposed project will have a capacity of 700 MW and will be completed by 2022.
- It is to be built on the Jhelum river in Sudhanoti district.
3. Only 7% of the amount spent under Smart Cities Mission
- Out of the Rs.9,860 cr released to 60 cities under the mission, only Rs.645 cr has been utilised.
- Of the 40 cities which got Rs.196 cr each, Ahmedabad spent the maximum amount of Rs.80.15 cr.
4. Lok Sabha passes Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code Amendment Bill
- The bill debars wilful defaulters and existing promoters from bidding of stressed assets of companies undergoing insolvency problems.
- Finance Minister said that the loan defaulters cannot get away by paying a fraction of the due amount.
1. S Korea seizes ship that transferred oil to N Korean vessel
- South Korea has seized a Hong Kong registered ship that allegedly transferred oil to a North Korean vessel in violation of the UN sanctions.
- This comes after US President accused China of transferring oil to North Korea.
2. IS claims Egypt church attack
- IS has claimed responsibility for the attack which killed at least 11 people in Egypt’s Coptic Christian church.
- The attack was aimed at the Egypt’s Christian minority.
3. US cuts military aid worth over Rs.1,600 cr to Pakistan
- The US expects to take decisive action against terrorists on Pakistan’s soil.
- This comes after Pak refused to hand over to the US an operative of the Haqqani Network arrested during the rescue operation of the American-Canadian family in October.
1. Rs.14,500 cr generated via Bharat 22 Exchange Traded Fund
- The fund is to benefit long term and retail investors by providing an opportunity to purchase equity stocks of govt-run companies and earn stable returns.
- The fund has 22 companies including central public sector enterprises and public sector banks among others.
2. Ripple becomes world’s second largest cryptocurrency
- Ripple has surpassed Ethereum after its price rose to $2.84
- The market capitalisation of Ripple is $110 bn.
3. 25,800 online banking frauds reported in 2017
- The fraud cases involved about Rs.179 cr related to credit/debit cards and internet banking.
- Maharashtra has topped the list with 380 cases involving Rs.12.10 cr
1. Woman performs 105-hr non-stop yoga
- Kavitha Bharanidharan took five minute breaks after each hour.
- She broke the previous record of 103 hours of non-stop Yoga.
2. Chelsea thrashes Stroke
- Chelsea extended their unbeaten run in the Premier League to five matches.
- Liverpool registered a 2-1 win over Leicester City
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,30 December
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15