Daily Current Affairs 30 January 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 30 January 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 30 January 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 30 January 2019 Current affairs test.
1. India’s 1st Geographical Indication Store
- India’s 1st Geographical Indication store is installed at Goa International Airport in Dabolim.
- It is inaugurated by Union Civil Aviation minister Suresh Prabhu.
- It is set up by Airports Authority of India and The Cashew Export Promotional Council of India.
2. Martyrs’ Day
- The 30 January is the date observed as Martyrs’ Day at the national level.
- The date was chosen as it marks the assassination of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi Ji in 1948, by Nathuram Godse.
3. Swasth Bharat Yatra
- Tamil Nadu was honoured as the ‘Best State Overall’ for its active participation in ‘Swasth Bharat Yatra’ Campaign.
- Swasth Bharat Yatra was organized by Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
- Theme :- ‘Eat Right India’
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an autonomous body established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. The FSSAI has been established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006
4. George Fernandes passes away
- Former Defence Minister George Fernandes has passed away at 88.
- George Mathew Fernandes was an Indian trade unionist, statesman, journalist, freethinker, and member of Rajya Sabha from Bihar. He was a key member of the Janata Dal and the founder of the Samata Party. He held several ministerial portfolios including communications, industry, railways, and defence.
1. CORRUPTION PERCEPTIONS INDEX 2018
- India has improved its ranking in ‘CORRUPTION PERCEPTIONS INDEX 2018’ for 2018 at 78th position (Score 41) out of 180 countries.
- China is at 87th position
- Pakistan is at 117th position
- The index, which ranks 180 countries and territories by their perceived levels of public sector corruption according to experts and businesspeople, uses a scale of 0 to 100, where 0 is highly corrupt and 100 is very clean. More than two-thirds of countries score below 50 on this year’s CPI, with an average score of just 43.
- Denmark is the least corrupt country followed by New Zealand while Somalia, Syria and South Sudan are the most corrupt countries
- It is released by Transparency International.
2. Pakistan’s first Hindu woman judge
- Suman Kumari has become the first Hindu woman to be appointed as a civil judge in Pakistan.
- Pakistan’s first judge from the Hindu community :- Justice Rana Bhagwandas
3. World Malaria Report of 2018
- Acc. to WHO’s World Malaria Report of 2018, India is the only country among the 11 highest-burden countries that saw substantial progress in reducing Malaria.
- India saw a 24% decrease in 2017 compared to 2016.
4. New York Times Travel Show 2019
- India has received the Award of Excellence for ‘Best in Show’ at the New York Times Travel Show 2019
- The New York Times Travel Show 2019 was organised at Jacob K Javits Centre, New York.
- The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India participated as the ‘Presenting Partner’ in the Event.
1. Rs 37500 crore through OMO
- RBI will inject Rs 37500 crore into the system through purchase of Government Securities under Open Market Operations in February.
- A government bond or sovereign bond is a bond issued by a national government, generally with a promise to pay periodic interest payments and to repay the face value on the maturity date.
- Open market operations is a tool that the RBI uses to smoothen liquidity conditions through the year and regulate money supply in the economy. Open market operations is the sale and purchase of government securities and treasury bills by RBI or the central bank of the country.
2. A Common Digital Currency “Aber”
- The United Arab Emirates Central Bank (UAECB) and the Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority (SAMA) have launched A Common Digital Currency “Aber”.
- It will be used in financial settlements between the two countries through Block-Chains and Distributed Ledgers technologies.
3. Jiban Samparka Project
- Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik has announced ‘Jiban Sampark’ project in partnership with UNICEF India.
- It will create awareness about Development and Welfare initiatives of Odisha Govt. among Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTG) in Odisha.
4. New Chairman of Federal Bank
- Dilip Sadarangani has been appointed as Chairman of Federal Bank.
- Headquarter: Aluva, Kerala || Tagline: Your perfect banking partner || MD and CEO : Shyam Srinivasan
1. 2019 AFC Asian Cup
- Japan and Qatar are in the Final.
- Almoez Ali from Qatar is the top scorer of the tournament with eight goals.
- The 2019 AFC Asian Cup is the 17th edition of the AFC Asian Cup, the quadrennial international men’s football championship of Asia organised by the Asian Football Confederation. It is being held in the United Arab Emirates from 5 January to 1 February 2019.
2. Pro Wrestling League
- Punjab Royals defeated UP Dangal and enter the final of the Tournament.
- The Pro Wrestling League is an Indian sport wrestling promotion that was established in 2015. It was initiated by ProSportify and Wrestling Federation of India.
3. Pro Volleyball League
- Pro Volleyball League, also known as RuPay Pro Volleyball League for sponsorship reasons, is a professional men’s indoor volleyball league in India. The inaugural season will take place in February 2019. The league is an initiative between the Volleyball Federation of India and Baseline Ventures.
- Number of teams: 6 || Owner: Volleyball Federation of India || Sponsor: RuPay
- Daily Current Affairs: January 1
- Daily Current Affairs: January 2
- Daily Current Affairs: January 3
- Daily Current Affairs: January 4
- Daily Current Affairs: January 5
- Daily Current Affairs: January 6
- Daily Current Affairs: January 7
- Daily Current Affairs: January 8
- Daily Current Affairs: January 9
- Daily Current Affairs: January 10
- Daily Current Affairs: January 11
- Daily Current Affairs: January 12
- Daily Current Affairs: January 13
- Daily Current Affairs: January 14
- Daily Current Affairs: January 15
- Daily Current Affairs: January 16
- Daily Current Affairs: January 17
- Daily Current Affairs: January 18
- Daily Current Affairs: January 19
- Daily Current Affairs: January 20
- Daily Current Affairs: January 21
- Daily Current Affairs: January 22
- Daily Current Affairs: January 23
- Daily Current Affairs: January 24
- Daily Current Affairs: January 25
- Daily Current Affairs: January 26
- Daily Current Affairs: January 27
- Daily Current Affairs: January 28
- Daily Current Affairs: January 29
- Daily Current Affairs: January 30