Daily Current Affairs 30 July 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 30 July 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 30 July 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 30July 2017 Current affairs test.
1.Marijuana should be legalized for medical purposes: Maneka Gandhi.
- Marijuana should be legalized in India for medical purposes, said Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi.
- Interestingly, some of developed countries like US has legalized use of Marijuana for medical purposes. Which ultimately resulted in less drug abuse.
2.Delhi Metro the only 100% green metro system in world.
- The Delhi metro has secured platinum rating from the Indian Council for adherence to green building norms in its 10 residential colonies, making it the only completely ‘green’ metro system in the world.
3.World’s smallest spacecraft launched successfully by Indian rocket.
- The world’s smallest ever spacecraft ‘Sprites’ have been successfully been placed in low Earth orbit by ISRO’s PSLV rocket.
- Spacecraft sprites weighs 4 gram only and runs on sunlight.
4.Sunil Subramaniam appointed Manager of team India.
- The BCCI appointed former Tamil Nadu Ranji team captain Sunil Subramaniam as the administrative manager of the Indian Cricket team.
1.Shahid Abbasi appointed as Interim PM of Pakistan.
- Pakistan’s ruling party PML-N has appointed Shahid Abbasi as Interim Prime Minister of Pakistan for 45 days till till Nawaz’s younger brother Shahbaz Sharif takes over as his eventual successor
- Shortly after Nawaz Sharif’s exit, the ruling party PML-N proposed his younger brother Shehbaz for the role of the prime minister. Shahbaz, however, cannot immediately replace Nawaz Sharif since he isn’t a member of the Parliament
2. US bombers fly over Korean peninsula.
- US airforce flew two B-1B bombers in direct response to the North Korea’s ICBM test
- Recently North Korea has conducted another successful test of an intercontinental ballistic missile.
3. Xi Jinping inspects Military parade on PLA’s 90th anniversary.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping today inspected a massive military parade at the country’s largest military base in Zhurihe in Inner Mongolia as part of the celebrations to mark the 90th founding anniversary of the 2.3 million-strong People’s Liberation Army (PLA).
- The PLA was founded on August 1, 1927 when the ruling CPC under the leadership of Mao Zedong carried on with his national liberation movement. Mao Zedong also known as founding father of People’s Republic of China.
4.Iran Majlis(parliament) adopts motion to reciprocate US sanctions.
- National Security and Foreign Policy Commission of Iran’s Majlis (parliament) on
Saturday passed the general outlines of a motion to reciprocate the US sanctions on the country.
- It also envisages measures to support the Iranian armed and security forces as well as those Iranians who would be affected by the US actions.
1. Over 12 lakh businesses apply for new GST registration.
- Over 12 lakh businesses have applied for fresh registration under the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime, Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia has reported
- Although businesses with turnover of up to Rs 20 lakh are exempt from GST and hence registration is not mandatory, traders and manufacturers are getting themselves registered so that the input tax credit can be passed on in the supply chain.
2. LIC posts 145% increase in profit to Rs.6100 crore.
- State owned Life Insurance Corporation of India has registered 145% jump in profit from Rs.2489crore in previous fiscal April-June quarter to Rs.6100crore for this year April-June quarter.
- Notably, the insurance behemoth is looking at a double digit growth in business in the current fiscal.
3. Snapdeal to send Flipkart’s proposal to shareholders.
- Snapdeal is likely to send Flipkart’s USD 900-950 million buyout proposal to its shareholders this week to seek their views on the plan
- The company will share details of the buyout offer with all shareholders, which includes the likes of industrialist Ratan Tata and PremjiInvest.
1. India wins FIBA women’s Asia Cup Final.
- Beating Kazakhstan by 73-71 Indian women’s team won FIBA Asia Cup Final.
- In a similarly nail-biting finish, Japan defeated Australia 74-73 in the Division A summit clash.
2. India beat Sri Lanka to take 1-0 lead.
- India recorded their biggest away win, in terms of run-margin, while it’s Sri Lanka’s biggest defeat at home by 304 runs.
- India has took lead of 1-0 with the winning start.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31