Daily Current Affairs 30 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 30 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 30 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 30 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Go Tribal Campaign
- ‘Go Tribal Campaign’ by Tribes India was launched by Minister of State for Tribal Affairs Renuka Singh.
- Tribes India has collaborated with Amazon Global Marketing to launch TRIBES India products globally on Amazon.
2. Education Quality Upgradation and Inclusion Programme
- Department of Higher Education of MHRD has released a five-year vision plan named ‘Education Quality Upgradation and Inclusion Programme’.
- Aim :- To transform Higher Education.
- MHRD:- Formed: 26 September 1985 || Minister In-Charge: Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
3. National Mission on Natural Language Translation
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has inducted the proposal of ‘National Mission on Natural Language Translation’ with an outlay Rs 450 crore.
- Aim :- To make Science and Technology accessible to all by facilitating teaching and researching material bilingually-in English and in one’s native Indian language.
4. Bharat Net
- All Gram Panchayats in India will be connected with high-speed broadband under BharatNet project by March 2020.
- National Optical Fibre Network (NOFN) is an ambitious initiative and was envisaged as an information super-highway through the creation of a robust infrastructure for reaching broadband connectivity to Gram Panchayats.
- Bharat Net is being funded by the Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF).
1. Social Media Day
- Social Media Day is observed annually on June 30th.
- Mashable launched Social Media Day as a way to recognize and celebrate social media’s impact on global communication.
- Mashable is a digital media website founded by Pete Cashmore in 2005.
2. International Day of Parliamentarism
- June 30 is the day designated to celebrate the International Day of Parliamentarism.
- It is also the date, in 1889, on which the Inter-Parliamentary Union — the global organization of parliaments — was established.
- This Day celebrates parliaments and the ways in which parliamentary systems of government improve the day-to-day lives of people the world over. It is also an opportunity for parliaments to take stock, identify challenges, and ways to address them effectively
3. International Asteroid Day
- International Asteroid Day on 30th June is an annual global event which is held on the anniversary of the Siberian Tunguska event.
- The Siberian Tunguska event that took place on June 30, 1908, the most harmful known asteroid-related event on Earth in recent history.
- Tunguska event is believed to have been caused by an incoming asteroid (or comet), which never actually struck Earth but instead exploded in the atmosphere, causing what is known as an air burst, three to six miles (5–10 Kms) above Earth’s surface.
4. International Day of the Tropics
- The International Day of Tropics is observed every year on 29 June across the world with an aim to raise awareness to specific challenges faced by tropical areas.
- Aim :- To spread awareness issues affecting world’s tropical zone.
1. Leverage Ratio
- RBI has relaxed Leverage Ratio for banks.
- For Domestic Systemically Important Banks:- 4.0%
- For Other Banks:- 3.50%
- A leverage ratio is any one of several financial measurements that look at how much capital comes in the form of debt (loans) or assesses the ability of a company to meet its financial obligations.
- The leverage ratio category is important because companies rely on a mixture of equity and debt to finance their operations, and knowing the amount of debt held by a company is useful in evaluating whether it can pay its debts off as they come due.
- A Domestic Systemically Important Banks is a bank, insurance company, or other financial institution whose failure might trigger a financial crisis. They are colloquially referred to as “too big to fail”.
2. New President of Federation of Indian Export Organisations
- Sharad Kumar Saraf has been appointed as new President of Federation of Indian Export Organisations.
- Federation of Indian Export Organisations is a trade promotion organisation in India, jointly established in 1965 by the Ministry of Commerce of the Government of India and private trade and industry. The organisation is responsible for representing and assisting Indian entrepreneurs and exporters in foreign markets.
- FIEO:- Headquarters: New Delhi || Founded: 1965 || Founder: Ministry of Commerce and Industry
3. Toymaker Lego’s New Acquisition
- Toymaker Lego will acquire Merlin Entertainments(UK) for $7.5 billion.
- Merlin Entertainments operates Legoland (Theme Park) and Madame Tussauds wax museums and The London Eye.
- The LEGO Group is a privately held, family-owned company with headquarters in Billund, Denmark
4. Coca-Cola with Café Coffee Day
- World’s largest beverage company Coca-Cola is mulling over buying majority stacks in Cafe Coffee Day.
- Coca-Cola had last year acquired the UK-based coffee chain Costa Coffee for $5.1 billion.
- V.G Siddhartha is the founder and CEO of Coffee Day Enterprises that runs CCD chain
1. Badminton Coach Pullela Gopichand
- IIT Kanpur has honoured India’s National Badminton Coach Pullela Gopichand with honorary doctorate.
- Pullela Gopichand is a former Indian badminton player. Presently, he is the Chief National Coach for the Indian Badminton team.
- He won the All England Open Badminton Championships in 2001 becoming the second Indian to achieve this feat after Prakash Padukone.
2. 2019 Copa América
- The 2019 Copa América is the 46th edition of the Copa América, the international men’s association football championship organized by South America’s football ruling body CONMEBOL.
- It is held in Brazil. Chile are the two-time defending champions, having won the 2015 and 2016 editions of the tournament.
- Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Peru are in Semi-Finals.
- The mascot of the tournament is Zizito, a capybara whose name pays homage to Zizinho, the Brazilian footballer.
- The slogan of the 2019 Copa América:- ‘Rocking the Continent’.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,30 June
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30