Daily Current Affairs 30 March2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 30 March2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 30 March2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 30 March 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Madhya Pradesh has the highest number of tribal habitations in the country
- Madhya Pradesh has the highest number of 55770 fully covered tribal habitations with safe drinking water in the country. It is followed by Odisha and Jharkhand.
- The Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation has informed that under the scheme ‘National Rural Drinking Water Programme(NRDWP)’, 10% of the total allocation of funds is earmarked to be used for the supply of drinking water to Scheduled Tribe(ST) dominated habitations.
2. SC appoints Justice Jawad Rahim as acting head for NGT
- The Supreme Court appointed Justice Jawad Rahim-a former judge of the Karnataka High Court-as acting chairman of the National Green Tribunal (NGT).
- Currently a Judicial Member of the NGT, Justice Rahim was chosen over due to his seniority over the other judges.
3.Mobile internet users in India may hit 478 million by June: Report
- The number of mobile Internet users in India is likely to reach 478 million by June2018, according to a report by Internet and Mobile Association of India and Kantar-IMRB.
- The number increased by 17.2% from December 2016 to hit 456 million by December 2017.
4. Yamuna river water to be supplied to 3 Rajasthan district
- Yamuna river water will be supplied to Churu, Sikar and Jhunjhunu districts in Rajasthan from Tajewala headworks in Haryana, state Water Resources Minister Rampratap said.
- He added, “The Centre has given approval on both the proposals of laying pipeline and providing financial assistances”.
1.US will withdraw from Syria very soon: US President
- US President Donald Trump announced that US forces will withdraw from Syria, citing Islamic State’s defeat and need to defend US borders.
- He said, “We’re coming out of Syria very soon. Let the other people take care of it now.”
2. Russia expels 150 US, EU diplomats in the tit-for-tat move
- Russia announced that it is expelling 150 US and EU diplomats in tit-for-tat response after a similar number of Russian diplomats were expelled over the poisoning of an ex-spy in the UK.
- After conducting a Twitter poll to select which US consulate to shut down, Russia’s Foreign Ministry ordered the closure of the consulate in St Petersburg.
3. Russia’s envoy expulsion deterioration in ties: White House.
- The White House said Russia’s decision to expel US diplomats and close the US consulate in St Petersburg marks further deterioration in the two countries’ relations.
- Warning the US will deal with it, the White House said Russia’s response was not unanticipated.
4.Rosemary DiCarlo becomes first female UN Political Chief
- The United Nations has appointed American diplomat Rosemary DiCarlo as the world body’s new Political Affairs Chief, the first woman to hold the position.
- DiCarlo has earlier served as the Director for UN Affairs at the National Security Council in Washington.
1. Frauds cost Rs.18,170 crore to Indian banks in FY17: Report
- Indian banking sector reported a total of 12,553 fraud cases worth Rs.18,170 crore in fiscal 2016-17, according to a report by proxy advisory firm liAS.
- Bank of Maharashtra registered the highest number of such cases at 3,893 and the amount involved stood at Rs.2,041 crore. PNB reported the highest amount involved in frauds.
2.IT Dept publicly names defaulters owing Rs.490 crore in taxes.
- The Income Tax Department has released a pan-India list of 24 defaulting entities who owe it about Rs.490 crore in taxes but have either gone untraceable or have reported inadequate assets for recovery.
- Delhi-based Ms Stock Guru India and its partner Lokeshwar Dev has maximum IT default at Rs 86.27 crore.
3.We will make Air India a majestic Maharaja: Union Minister.
- Union Minister Jayant Sinha has said the government will now make Air India a “Majestic Maharaja” from the “beggar” it had become during the UPA rule.
- The government said it will sell 76% stake in Air India and 100% stake in subsidiary Air India Express.
4.PNB objects to sale of assets by Nirav Modi’s US firms.
- PNB has objected to the expedited sale of assets in US by firms linked to jeweler Nirav Modi, who is at the centre of a $2.1 billion fraud at the bank.
- PNB argued that the “truncated” sale of assets will limit the recovery of creditors.
1. Sachin sanctions Rs.40 lakh for school construction in Kashmir.
- Former cricketer and MP Sachin Tendulkar has sanctioned Rs.40 lakh from his Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme fund for construction of a school building in Drugmulla area in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Sachin has requested for 10 classrooms, four laboratories, administrative block, six toilets and an assembly/prayer hall in the school.
2. Steve Smith doesn’t look to me a cheat: Gautam Gambhir.
- Delhi Daredevils captain Gautam Gambhir has said that one-year ban on Australian cricketer Steve Smith over the ball-tampering scandal is harsh.
- Gambhir said, “I see in him a desperate leader trying to win a Test for his team. Yes, indeed, his methods were questionable but let’s not label him corrupt.”
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15
- Daily Current Affairs: March 16
- Daily Current Affairs: March 17
- Daily Current Affairs: March 18
- Daily Current Affairs: March 19
- Daily Current Affairs: March 20
- Daily Current Affairs: March 21
- Daily Current Affairs: March 22
- Daily Current Affairs: March 23
- Daily Current Affairs: March 24
- Daily Current Affairs: March 25
- Daily Current Affairs: March 26
- Daily Current Affairs: March 27
- Daily Current Affairs: March 28
- Daily Current Affairs: March 29
- Daily Current Affairs: March 30