Daily Current Affairs 30 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 30 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 30 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 30 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Martha Farrell award for Excellence
- Delhi Govt. school teacher, Manu Gulati honoured with the Martha Farrell award for Excellence in Women’s Empowerment 2019 in the Most Promising Individual category.
- Martha Farrell was a passionate civil society leader, renowned and respected in India and around the world for her work on women’s rights, gender equality and adult education.
- The Martha Farrell Foundation (MFF), The Martha Farrell Memorial Fellowship and Martha Farrell Award for Excellence in Women’s Empowerment have been set up to carry forward her pioneering work on gender mainstreaming and adult education, with the overall goal of achieving gender equality in India and around the world.
2. Enajori initiative in Assam
- Assam Chief Electoral Officer Mukesh Sahu launched the Enajori initiative in Guwahati.
- It is for persons with disabilities with an aim that ‘No Voter to be Left behind’.
3. Book ‘Indian Fiscal Federalism’
- Book ‘Indian Fiscal Federalism’ has been written by Dr. YV Reddy.
- It was launched by Chairman of 15th Finance Commission of India N.K. Singh.
- Yaga Venugopal Reddy, better known as Y. V. Reddy, is an Indian economist and a retired Indian Administrative Service officer of the 1964 batch belonging to Andhra Pradesh cadre. Reddy served as governor of the Reserve Bank of India from 6 September 2003 until 5 September 2008.
4. Census of India 2021
- The next Census of India will be carried out in 2021 with March 1 as the reference date.
- The 2021 Census of India, also the 16th Indian Census, will be taken in 2021. The 15th Indian Census taken in 2011, attempted to estimate the population based on Socio-Economic and Caste Status for the first time since 1931.
- It has been conducted by the Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. All the census since 1951 are conducted under 1948 Census of India Act.
1. Ambassador of India to the Republic of Benin
- Abhay Thakur has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Benin.
- Benin:- Capital: Porto-Novo || Currencies: CFA franc, West African CFA franc || President: Patrice Talon
2. Global Multidimensional Poverty Index 2018
- The Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) report has covered 105 countries, which was compiled by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative.
- It is calculated on the basis of three key dimensions: health, education and standard of living, comprising 10 indicators.
- India’s Poverty Rate has shown a drastic decrease in 10 years from 55% to 28%.
- India is still a home to the highest number of MPI poor comprising 364 million poor in 2015-16 as compare to 635 million in 2005-06.
3. First Resolution to enforce laws against terror financing
- The United Nations Security Council has unanimously passed the first-ever resolution to enforce laws against terror financing.
- The United Nations Security Council is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations, charged with ensuring international peace and security, accepting new members to the United Nations and approving any changes to its charter.
- The UN Counter-Terrorism Office was approved in a resolution on June 15, 2017 with the consensus of the 193-nation UN General Assembly. The creation of the office was also welcomed by Secretary-General of the United Nations António Guterres’ initiative to transfer relevant functions out of the UN Department of Political Affairs (DPA) and into the new United Nations Office of Counter-Terrorism.
1. PolicyX.com’s New Brand Ambassador
- PolicyX.com has named cricketer Virender Sehwag as its Brand Ambassador.
- PolicyX.com:- Establishment – 2013 || CEO & Founder – Naval Goel
2. Wipro with IIT Kharagpur
- Wipro Limited and IIT Kharagpur have signed MOU to collaborate on high-impact, industry-focused applied research in the areas of 5G and Artificial Intelligence.
- Wipro Limited is an Indian multinational corporation that provides information technology, consulting and business process services. It is headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. In 2013, Wipro separated its non-IT businesses into separate companies.
3. ‘India Mobile Network Experience’ Report
- ‘India Mobile Network Experience’ Report is released by OpenSignal Wireless company.
- Dhanbad in Jharkhand has topped the list of 50 cities in India in terms of 4G availability.
- OpenSignal is a company that specializes in wireless coverage mapping. The company crowdsources data on carrier signal quality from users who have its consumer mobile application installed.
- Headquarters location: London, United Kingdom || Founded: 2010 || Founders: Brendan Gill, Sina Khanifar, James Robinson, Sam Westwood || Subsidiary: Opensignal Limited || Type of business: Privately held company
4. Reliance Jio’s New Acquisation
- Reliance Jio will acquire Mumbai-based AI Company Haptik.
- Haptik is an enterprise Conversational Al platform based in Mumbai, India, founded in 2013. The platform reaches 30 million devices monthly and has processed over a billion messages so far. Its technology infrastructure employs a blend of artificial intelligence, natural language processing and machine learning.
- Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited is an Indian mobile network operator. Owned by Reliance Industries and headquartered in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, it operates a national LTE network with coverage across all 22 telecom circles.
1. Footballer Gonzalo Higuain retires
- Argentine striker Gonzalo Higuain has announced his retirement from international football.
- Gonzalo Gerardo Higuaín is an Argentine professional footballer who plays as a striker for English club Chelsea, on loan from Juventus.
2. Hopman Cup Tennis tournament
- Hopman Cup Tennis tournament, the mixed tournament format will be replaced with an all men’s event called the ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) Cup.
- The Hopman Cup is an annual international eight-team indoor hardcourt tennis tournament held in Perth, Western Australia in early January each year, which plays mixed-gender teams on a country-by-country basis.
3. ‘Best Sports Federation’ Award
- The National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) was awarded the ‘Best Sports Federation’ award in the country by the Association Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
- The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India is one of the apex trade associations of India. The organisation represents the interests of trade and commerce in India, and acts as an interface between issues and initiatives.
- The National Rifle Association of India was founded in 1951 with a view to promote and popularize the shooting sports in India. The first speaker of Lok Sabha, Sh. G.V. Mavlankar was the founder and the first president of NRAI.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,30 March
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15
- Daily Current Affairs: March 16
- Daily Current Affairs: March 17
- Daily Current Affairs: March 18
- Daily Current Affairs: March 19
- Daily Current Affairs: March 20
- Daily Current Affairs: March 21
- Daily Current Affairs: March 22
- Daily Current Affairs: March 23
- Daily Current Affairs: March 24
- Daily Current Affairs: March 25
- Daily Current Affairs: March 26
- Daily Current Affairs: March 27
- Daily Current Affairs: March 28
- Daily Current Affairs: March 29
- Daily Current Affairs: March 30
- Daily Current Affairs: March 31