Daily Current Affairs 30 November 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 30 November 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 30 November 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 30 November 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Military Literature Festival
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will inaugurate Military Literature Festival on 13 December 2019 at Chandigarh.
- Rajnath Singh is an Indian politician serving as the Defence Minister of India. He is the former President of Bharatiya Janata Party. He has previously served as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh and as a Cabinet Minister in the Vajpayee Government. He was the Home Minister in the First Modi Ministry.
2. First International Conference on Landslides Risk Reduction and Resilience
- Minister of State for Home Affairs has inaugurated first International Conference on Landslides Risk Reduction and Resilience in New Delhi.
- Aim: To develop technology to anticipate disasters like landslides and develop infrastructure to quickly respond to minimise the damage.
- Minister of State for Home Affairs: G Kishan Reddy.
3. Space-Grade Li-Ion cells to BHEL
- ISRO has transferred its indigenous technology to produce Space-Grade Li-ion Cells to Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited owned and founded by the Government of India, is an engineering and manufacturing company based in New Delhi, India. Established in 1964, BHEL is India’s largest power generation equipment manufacturer.
- BHEL: CEO: Nalin Singhal || Headquarters: New Delhi
4. All India Police Science Congress
- The 47th edition of All India Police Science Congress (AIPSC) has begun in Lucknow.
- It was inaugurated by Puducherry Lieutenant Governor and retired IPS officer Kiran Bedi.
1. Climate Emergency
- European Union’s legislature has declared a Climate Emergency in Strasbourg during a European Parliament debate on United Nations’ COP25 climate summit.
- It is a symbolic move aimed at increasing pressure on the incoming European Commission to take a stronger stance on climate change.
- European Union: Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium || European Parliament President: David-Maria Sassoli.
2. Brad Gobright passes away
- World-renowned rock climber Brad Gobright fell to his death while climbing a sheer rock face in northern Mexico.
- Brad Gobright was an American free solo climber and was known for his gravity-defying solo ascents with no ropes.
3. Mine Countermeasure Exercise (MINEX) 2019
- A maritime bilateral exercise between Indian Navy and Japanese Maritime Self Defence Force (JMSDF) have conducted Mine Countermeasure Exercise (MINEX) 2019 at Kochi, Kerala.
- Prime minister: Shinzō Abe || Capital: Tokyo || Currency: Japanese yen
4. WATEC (Water Technology and Environment Control) Conference 2019
- Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat represented India at the 8th edition of WATEC (Water Technology and Environment Control) Conference 2019 in Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Theme: ‘Water Stewardship and Innovation–driving global leadership in the responsible planning management, and protection of water’.
1. Chairman of Micro-Finance Panel
- Former Deputy Governor of RBI, HR Khan has been appointed as the first chairman of the steering committee of the Code for Responsible Lending (CRL) in micro-credit.
- The CRL is a self-regulatory step for the micro-credit industry making diverse entities like banks, NBFC-MFIs and NBFCs adhere to standards of customer protection
- Harun Rashid Khan, popularly known as H R Khan, was a Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India for a five-year term between 2011 and 2016 Considered approachable and open to reasoning Khan has made contribution to internal debt management, external investment and exchange control.
2. India’s GDP in July-September 2019
- India’s GDP Growth hits an over six-year low of 4.5% in July-September 2019 as compare to 7.0% in the corresponding quarter of FY 2018-19.
- Gross domestic product is a monetary measure of the market value of all the final goods and services produced in a specific time period, often annually.
3. Moody’s estimated
- Global rating agency Moody’s expects India’s Fiscal Deficit to touch 3.7% of the GDP.
- Moody’s Corporation, often referred to as Moody’s, is an American business and financial services company. It is the holding company for Moody’s Investors Service, an American credit rating agency, and Moody’s Analytics, an American provider of financial analysis software and services.
- Headquarters: New York || CEO: Raymond W. McDaniel Jr.
1. Men’s Hockey World Cup 2023
- India has won the bid to host Men’s Hockey World Cup 2023.
- Odihsa will host the Men’s Hockey World Cup 2023 in Kalinga Hockey Stadium in Bhubaneswar and Biju Patnaik Hockey Stadium in Rourkela.
2. Asian Archery Championships
- The 21st edition of Asian Archery Championship has concluded in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Abhishek Verma and Jyothi Surekha Vennam has won Gold Medal in compound mixed pair event at Asian Archery Championships in Bangkok, Thailand.
- India has won seven medals including one gold, two silver and four bronze medals in the event.