Daily Current Affairs 30 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 30 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 30 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 30 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1.Paolo Gentiloni first Italian PM to visit India in a decade.
- As Italian PM Paolo Gentiloni arrived in India, he has become the first politician at the post to visit the Asian country in a decade.
- The visit is aimed at strengthening the bilaterall political and economic relations beteen the two countries.
2.PM Modi inaugurates Bidar-Kalburgi new railway line inKarnataka.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated Bidar-Kalburgi new railway line to the nation by unveiling a plaque at Bidar Railway Station in Karntaka.
- PM also flagged of the Diesel Electric Multiple Unit(DEMU) service between Bidar and Kalburgi.
3.Andhra Pradesh CM receives Golden Peacock award in London.
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minsiter N Chnadrababu Naidureceived the ‘Golden Peacock Award’ under the Global Leadership in Public Service and Economic Transformation category at a convention in London.
1.WikiLeaks offers Rs.64lakh for unreleased JFK documents.
- WikiLeaks is offering an over Rs.64lakh reward to anyone who can provide them with unreleased files relating to the assassination of ex-US president John F Kenedy showing evidence of criminal activity or a bungled investigation.
- This comes after US government released 2891 JFK assassination files.
- WikiLeaks is an international non-profit organization founded by Julian Assange that publishes secret information, news leaks, and classified media provided by anonymous sources.
2.India to host UN global wildlife summit in 2020.
- India will host the thirteenth session of United Nations’ global wildlife summit on migratory species(CMS COP13) in 2020.
- The CMS COP hold once in three years is the only international treaty devoted exclusively to migratory wildlife species.
3.Burundi first country to leave International Criminal Court.
- Burundi became the first country to withdraw from International Criminal Court(ICC).
- The East African country had notified the UN of its plan to withdraw from ICC last year.
1.Karnataka Government signs MoU with Microsoft.
- The Karnataka Government announced the signing of an MoU with Microsoft Corporation India Pvt Ltd. With an intention to empower smallholder farmers with technology oriented solutions that will help them increase income.
- The MoU will experiment with Karnataka Agricultural Price Commission and Department of Agriculture to help improve price forecasting practices to benefit farmers.
2. The Government of India and World Bank sign $200 Million Loan Agreement
- The Government of India and the World Bank today signed a $200 million Loan Agreement for the Assam Agribusiness and Rural Transformation Project.
- The Project will support the Government of Assam to facilitate agri-business investments, increase agriculture productivity and market access, and enable small farm holders produce crops that are resilient to recurrent floods or droughts in the state.
3.Dassault to invest Rs.750crore in joint venture with Reliance.
- France’s Dassault Aviation said it would invest Rs.750crore in ites defence sector joint venture with the Anil Ambani led Reliance Group to manufacture aircraft components.
- Reliance aerostructure will hold a majority 51% stake in the joint venture, with Dassault holding the rest 49%.
1.Hamilton wins 4th F1 title after finishing 9th in Mexico.
- Mercedes’ British driver Lewis Hamilton won his fourth Formula One championship after he finished 9th in the Mexican GP and his rival Sebastian Vettel finished 4th .
- Hamilton needed to finish inside the top9 while having Vettel finish 2nd or lower to win the Championship.
2.Indian Hockey Junior team wins bronze at Sultan of Johor Cup.
- The Indian Jr. men’s hockey team won Bronze at the seventh Sultan of Johor Cup by defeating hosts Malaysia 4-0 in the third-fourth classification match.
- The Indian team, which won the team in 2013 and 2014, scored most goals(35) in this year’s edition.
3. Kidambi Srikanth becomes 1st Indian to win 4 Super Series in 1 year.
- World No 4 Kidambi Srikanth clinched his second consecutive Superseries title of the year at the French Open, becoming the first Indian shuttler to win four Superseries in a year.
- The 24-year old who had earlier won Indonesia Open, Australian Open and Denmark Open, defeated world no 40 Kenta Nishimoto.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15