Daily Current Affairs 30th 31st August 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 30th 31st August 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 30th 31st August 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 30th 31st August 2020 Current affairs test.
1. International Women’s Trade Centre
- India’s first International Women’s Trade Centre to be set up in Kerala.
- Kerala: Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan || Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan.
2. Spy Noor Inayat Khan
- World War 2 spy Noor Inayat Khan has become first Indian origin woman to get UK memorial plaque.
- Noor-un-Nissa Inayat Khan, GC, also known as Nora Inayat-Khan and Nora Baker, was a British spy in World War II who served in the Special Operations Executive. As an SOE agent she became the first female wireless operator to be sent from the UK into occupied France to aid the French Resistance during World War II.
1. Shinzo Abe resigns
- Japan’s longest-serving Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has resigned.
- Japan: Capital: Tokyo || Currency: Japanese yen
2. International Film Festival of India (IFFI)
- The 51st International Film Festival of India (IFFI) will be held in Goa in November.
- Governor: Goa: Bhagat Singh Koshyari || Chief Minister: Pramod Sawant.
3. Russia’s Kavkaz 2020
- India has withdrawn from multilateral war game in Russia’s Kavkaz 2020.
- Russia: Capital: Moscow || President: Vladimir Putin || Currency: Russian Rouble || Prime minister: Mikhail Mishustin
1. International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances
- International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances is observed on August 30.
- Enforced disappearance has frequently been used as a strategy to spread terror within the society. The feeling of insecurity generated by this practice is not limited to the close relatives of the disappeared, but also affects their communities and society as a whole.
- By the resolution 65/209 the UN General Assembly, the Assembly welcomed the adoption of the International Convention for the Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearance, and decided to declare 30 August the International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances, to be observed beginning in 2011.
1. Purushotham Rai passes away
- India’s former athletic coach Purushotham Rai has passed away.
- Purushotham Rai’s name was announced for the Dronacharya award for year 2020 among the other winners.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Tenzing Norgay Adventure Award
- Para swimmer Satyendra Singh first Divyang sportsperson of country to get prestigious Tenzing Norgay Adventure Award.
- The Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Award is regarded as one of the highest national awards for adventure sports in India.
1. FIDE Online Chess Olympiad
- India and Russia have become the joint winners of FIDE online Chess Olympiad.
- The Fédération Internationale des Échecs is an international organization based in Switzerland that connects the various national chess federations and acts as the governing body of international chess competition. It is usually referred to by its French acronym FIDE.
- FIDE: Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
2. 2020 Belgian Grand Prix
- Winner: Lewis Hamilton
- Runner-up: V Bottas
- The 2020 Belgian Grand Prix was a Formula One motor race held on 30 August 2020 at the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps in Stavelot, Belgium. The race was the seventh round in the 2020 Formula One World Championship.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,30th 31st August