Daily Current Affairs 30th July 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 30th July 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 30th July 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 30th July 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Ministry of Education
- HRD Ministry will be renamed as Ministry of Education.
- HRD Ministry is headed by Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank.
- The name change was a key recommendation of the draft New Education Policy.
1. New Prime Minister of Tunisia
- Hichem Mechichi has become new Prime Minister of Tunisia.
- Tunisia: Capital: Tunis || Currency: Tunisian Dinar.
1. JSW Energy’s new acquisition
- JSW Energy set to acquire GMR’s Odisha thermal plant with 100% stake.
- JSW Energy Limited: CEO: Prashant Jain || Headquarters: Maharashtra
1. Novel Burnt Sugar
- Dubai-based Indian-origin author Avni Doshi has been nominated for the prestigious 2020 Booker Prize along with 13 others for her debut novel ‘Burnt Sugar’
- The Booker Prize for Fiction, formerly known as the Booker–McConnell Prize and the Man Booker Prize, is a literary prize awarded each year for the best original novel written in the English language and published in the United Kingdom.
1. Commandant of Indian Naval Academy
- Vice Admiral MA Hampiholi has assumed Charge as Commandant of Indian Naval Academy.
- Chief of Naval Staff: Admiral Karambir Singh.
2. New CEO of Paytm Money
- Paytm Money has appointed Varun Sridhar as new CEO.
- Paytm is an Indian e-commerce payment system and financial technology company, based in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- Paytm: CEO: Vijay Shekhar Sharma
1. World Day Against Trafficking in Persons
- July 30 is designated as the World Day against Trafficking in Persons.
- This resolution declared that such a day was necessary to “raise awareness of the situation of victims of human trafficking and for the promotion and protection of their rights
- Theme: ‘Committed to the Cause – Working on the Frontline to End Human Trafficking’.
Agreements and MoUs
1. Power Finance Corporation with IIT-Kanpur
- Power Finance Corporation (PFC) has signed agreement with IIT-Kanpur in smart grid technology.
- Power Finance Corporation: Chairman and MD: Ravinder Singh Dhillon || Headquarters: New Delhi.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Randstad Employer Brand Research (REBR) 2020
- India’s most attractive Employer Brands
- 1. Microsoft India
- 2. Samsung India
- 3. Amazon India