Daily Current Affairs 30th June 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 30th June 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 30th June 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 30th June 2020 Current affairs test.
1. India’s first Lichen Park
- Uttarakhand forest department has developed India’s first lichen park in Pithoragarh.
- Uttarakhand: Chief Minister: Trivendra Singh Rawat || Governor: Baby Rani Maurya.
2. Largest Plasma Therapy trial ‘Project Platina’
- Maharashtra Government has launched the world’s largest plasma therapy trials ‘Project Platina’ for COVID-19 patients.
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari.
3. Tribes India store on GeM
- Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda has inaugurated the TRIBES India store on the Government e-Marketplace (GeM).
4. India’s First COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate
- Bharat Biotech has announced India’s first COVID-19 Vaccine Candidate ‘COVAXIN’ with DCGI approval for Human Clinical Trials.
- Bharat Biotech: Headquarters: Hyderabad || Founder: Krishna Ella
1. National Productivity Council (NPC)
- Piyush Goyal has chaired the 49th Governing Council Meeting of National Productivity Council (NPC).
- National Productivity Council (NPC) is a national level autonomous organization under the administrative control of the Department to promote productivity culture in India.
Science and Technology News
1. Advanced Torpedo Decoy System ‘Maareech’
- Indian Navy has inducted an advanced anti-torpedo decoy system named ‘Maareech’ developed by DRDO.
- DRDO: Headquarter: New Delhi || Chairman: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy || Chief of Naval Staff: Admiral Karambir Singh.
1. International Asteroid Day
- International Asteroid Day is observed on June 30.
- Asteroid Day is an annual global event which is held on the anniversary of the Siberian Tunguska event that took place on June 30, 1908, the most harmful known asteroid-related event on Earth in recent history.
2. International Day of Parliamentarism
- International Day of Parliamentarism is observed globally on 30 June every year by Inter-Parliamentary Union.
- The Inter-Parliamentary Union is a global inter-parliamentary institution established in 1889 by Frédéric Passy and William Randal Cremer. It was the first permanent forum for political multilateral negotiations.
- Headquarters location: Geneva || President: Gabriela Cuevas Barron
Agreements and MoUs
1. India inks pact with Bhutan
- India has inked an pact with Bhutan for 600 MW Kholongchhu Hydroelectric Project.
- Bhutan: Capital: Thimphu || Prime minister: LotayTshering || Currency: Bhutanese ngultrum.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. BET 2020 Humanitarian Award
- Popstar Beyonce has been honoured with the BET 2020 Humanitarian Award.
- Beyoncé is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, dancer, and actress. Born and raised in Houston, Texas, Beyoncé performed in various singing and dancing competitions as a child.
2. United Nations honours Kerala Health Minister
- United Nations has honoured Kerala Health Minister K.K Shailaja for maintaining low mortality rates in Kerala.
- The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization that aims to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations, achieve international cooperation, and be a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations.
3. Swiss National Bank’s ‘Annual banking statistics, 2019’
- India has been ranked at 77th rank in terms of money parked by its citizens, according to Swiss National Bank (SNB)’s ‘Annual banking statistics, 2019’.
- Britain has topped the charts for the same.
- The Swiss National Bank is the central bank of Switzerland, responsible for the nation’s monetary policy and the sole issuer of Swiss franc banknotes.
4. Top 50 Executive MBA (EMBA) Rankings by QS (Quacquarelli Symonds)
- IIM Bangalore has been ranked at 36th position in top 50 Executive MBA (EMBA) Rankings by QS (Quacquarelli Symonds).
- The Wharton School has retained its position as the world’s best Executive MBA (EMBA) by QS (Quacquarelli Symonds)
1. Mario Gomez retires
- Former Germany footballer Mario Gomez has announced retirement.
- He retired from his boyhood club ‘Stuttgart’.
2. FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023
- FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 will be hosted by Australia and New Zealand.
- FIFA: Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland || President of FIFA Gianni Infantino.
3. ICC Elite Panel
- Indian umpire Nitin Menon has been inducted in ICC Elite Panel
- ICC: Chairperson: Shashank Manohar || CEO: Manu Sawhney || Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,30th June