Daily Current Affairs 31 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 31 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 31 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 31 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1.Hyderabad Metro to run till 2:30 am on New Year’s eve.
- The Hyderabad Metro Rail has announced that it will continue its operations till 2:30 am on Dec 31 for the New Year celebrations.
- Launched last month, Hyderabad metro carries around one lakh passengers every day.
2.GAIL awards major contracts for Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga.
- GAIL India has placed orders for another 400km of pipeline of the Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga natural gas pipeline project that will make the fuel to eastern India.
- GAIL (India) Ltd was incorporated in August 1984.
3.ASEAN leaders will attend Republic Day parade: PM Modi
- On the last ‘Mann ki Baat’, PM Modi said that all 10 ASEAN leaders will attend 2018 Republic day as chief guests.
- All ASEAN leaders attending the parade is unprecedented. India and ASEAN have completed 25 years of partnership.
4.First girl child born in Bengaluru in 2018 will get free education.
- Sampath Raj, Bengaluru mayor, has announced that the first girl child born in 2018 at any civic hospital in the city will be given free education till under graduation.
- This is done to promote the message that girls should not be considered as a burden.
1.Ivory trade banned in China to curb poaching.
- China closed 172 ivory-carving factories and retail outlets. International ivory trade was banned in 1990.
- This move would help end poaching of African elephants, which claims about 30,000 elephants each year and reverse the decline of the wild African elephant population.
2.Putin called for Russia and US to engage in “pragmatic co-operations”.
- This comes after Russia said that the relationship between Russia and US was the biggest disappointment of 2017.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin added that a constructive Russia-US dialogue was necessary to maintain global stability.
3.Australian Navy seized heroin and hashish in Arabian sea.
- Nearly eight tons of hashish and 69kg heroin worth over Rs.2,600 cr, were seized from three ships.
- Officials also said,” This operation will impact the flow of narcotics around the world and the use of drug money to fund extremist organizations.”.
4.Conversion therapy for transgenders in Malaysia.
- The Malaysian state Terengganu plans to run a conversion therapy course for transgender women, officials said.
- The Human Rights Watch had claimed that discrimination against LGBT people was “pervasive” in Malaysia.
1.Bank Of India gets Rs,2,257 cr from government.
- The bank has received infusion of Rs.2,257 crore from the government of India, in the form of Common equity Tier-1 capital, which is being kept as Share Application money and would be allotted after due procedure for allotment.
- Bank of India was formed in 1906. The government had unveiled a Rs.2.11 lakh crore two-year roadmap for strengthening NPA-hit public sector banks, which includes recapitalization bonds, budgetary support and equity dilution.
2.Allahabad Bank ties up with NeSL.
- Allahabad Bank has entered into an agreement with state-run National e-governance Services Limited(NeSL) for utilizing the latter’s Information Utility Services envisaged under Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
- NeSL, owned by the govt, is the first information Utility entity registered by Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India under IBBI(IU) Regulations, 2017.
3.Notices to be issued to 5 telcos to recover over Rs.2,500 cr.
- The Dept of Telecommunications is likely to issue notices to 5 telecom operators to recover Rs.2,578 crore following a CAG report.
- The biggest defaulter among the five is Tata teleservices with a total shortfall of Rs.1,893 crore.
1.V Anand won bronze at World Blitz Chess Championship.
- Vishwanathan Anand won a bronze in World Blitz Chess Championship in Riyadh while Magnus Carlsen won gold.
- Recently, V Anand became Rapid Chess Champion.
2.Sakshi qualifies for Commonwealth games.
- The only Indian woman wrestler to win an Olympic medal, Sakshi Malik, has passed the selection trials for next year’s Commonwealth games.
- Vinesh Phogat, Pooja Dhanda, Babita Kumari, Divya Karan and Kiran also qualified the trials.
3.Steve Smith equals Don Bradman’s record.
- Smith smashed an unbeaten century at the Melbourne Cricket Ground against England in the 4th innings of the fourth Ashes Test.
- With this, Smith has scored four consecutive centuries at MCG in Tests, a record previously set by Bradman.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15