Daily Current Affairs 31 July 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 31 July 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 31 July 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 31July 2017 Current affairs test.
1.Punjab launches ‘Apni Gadi Apni Rozgar’ scheme.
- The Punjab government has recently announced the launch of its flagship ‘Apni Gadi Apni Rozgar’ scheme.
- The scheme aims to generate job opportunities for youth and providing better mobile transport in Punjab.
2.Flood situation in Odisha’s Jajpur, Kendrapara districts remains grim
- Over two lakh people have been affected in the flood in Brahmani river and Seven people had lost their lives in the floods
- PM Modi will pay an one-day visit to Assam on Tuesday to discuss a permanent solution to the flood problem
3. Deadline for I-T return extended till August 5
- The government, today, extended the deadline for filing the Income Tax Returns (ITRs) for the financial year 2016-17.
- The new deadline has been set at August 5.
4.Dhrupad maestro Ustad Hussain Sayeeduddin Dagar dies, aged 78.
- Ustad Hussain Sayeeduddin Dagar, maestro and custodian of the venerable Dhrupad tradition of Hindustani classical music and a member of the eminent Dagar family, passed away aged 78 in Pune
1. US successfully tests THAAD with ballistic missile.
- The US military has successfully tested the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense(THAAD) system ovr Pacific Ocean.
- Interestingly the THAAD test comes just two days after N Korea fired an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile(ICBM).
2. China does nothing to thwart North Korea’s Nuclear quest.
- US president took twitter to accuse China for doing nothing to thwart North Korea’s Nuclear quest.
- The comments came after Kim Jong-un celebrated his country’s second intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) test.
3. Zimbabwean President Mugabe says he won’t retire soon
- Zimbabwe’s 93 year old President Robert Mugabe said he won’t step down leaving behind fractured party. This comes after demans for the resignation of Mugabe, who has been in power since 1980.
- Zimbabweans will vote in parliamentary and presidential elections in 2018.
4.Japenese, Sri Lankan among Magsaysay award winners.
- Yoshiaki Ishizawa, a Japanese historian and Gethsie Shanmugam, a Sri Lankan teacher are among six winners of this year’s Ramon Magsaysay Awards.
- Also known as Asia’s version of Nobel Prize, Ramon Magsaysay Award is an annual award named after Philippine president Ramon Magsaysay.
1 .SBI cuts interest rate on Saving Accounts by 0.5%.
- SBI has decided to reduce interest on saving bank account for amount up to Rs.1crore by 0.5% to 3.5%.
- Interest rate on amount above rs.1crore will remain unchanged at 4%.
- Arundhati Bhattacharya is Chairman of SBI.
2. Maharashtra tops the list of GST registration followed by Gujarat.
- Maharashtra topped the list of GST registration under Goods and Service Tax with over 1.3 lakh applications.
- Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh ranked second and third with 90,000 and 80,000 applicatons respectively.
3. Government is planning strategic disinvestment in Salem Steel Plant.
- The government is planning strategic disinvestment of the Salem steel plant (SSP) in Tamil Nadu and not total disinvestment said Steel Minister Chaudhary Birender Singh in Lok Sabha.
- Salem Steel Plant(SSp), which produced 3.39 lakh metric tonnes per annum of steel, was considered to be the country’s best plant producing stainless steel.
4. Snapdeal calls off Flipkart merger, to pursue ‘independent path’
- Beleaguered online marketplace Snapdeal has called off talks for its merger with rival Flipkart, India’s biggest e-commerce player.
- “Snapdeal has been exploring strategic options over the last several months. The company has now decided to pursue an independent path and is terminating all strategic discussions as a result,” a Snapdeal spokesperson said in a statement, without naming Flipkart.
1.Indian Boxers bagged 8 medals at Czech Prix.
- The Indian boxers at the 48th Grand Prix Usti Nad Labem in the Czech Republic bagged five gold, two silver and one bronze medal at the event.
- World Championships bronze medallist Shiva Thapa and Commonwelth Games Gold medallist Manoj Kumar claimed Gold medal along with other three boxers.
2.Sebestian Vettel wins Hungarian Grand Prix.
- Ferrari’s F1 racer Sebestian Vettel won the Hungarian Grand prix title.
- With the help of this win, Sebestian Vettel extended his lead over rival Lewis Hamilton to 14 points in the drivers’ championship table.
3.Indian shuttlers win men’s singles, doubles in Lagos.
- Indian shuttler C Rahul yadav and the men’s doubles pair of manu Attri and B Sumeeth reddy climched the men’s singles and men’s doubles title respectively at Lagos International Challenge in Nigeria.
- In the women’s singles, India’s Mugdha Agrey won the silver medal.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31