Daily Current Affairs 31 July 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 31 July 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 31 July 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 31 July 2019 Current affairs test.
1. National Conference on e-Governance 2019
- The 22nd National Conference on e-Governance 2019 will be held at Shillong during 8-9th August 2019.
- The conference will be organized by Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances in association with Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- Theme: ‘Digital India: Success to Excellence’.
2. ‘DidiKe Bolo’ campaign
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has launched an initiative called ‘DidiKe Bolo’ campaign to reach out to people of State.
- Governor of West Bengal: Jagdeep Dhankar
3. Odisha Rasagola
- Odisha has received the GI Tag for ‘Odisha Rasagola’.
- It is nearly two years after West Bengal got GI Tag for its version of Rasgulla ‘Banglar Rosogolla’.
- The dish originated in East India; the present-day states of Odisha and West Bengal have variously claimed to be its birthplace. In 2015, a committee formed by the government of Odisha asserted that the sweet had originated in Odisha, where it is offered at the Puri Jagannath Temple.
4. Secretariat Building as ‘Lok Seva Bhavan’
- Sachivalaya or ‘Secretariat Building’ in Bhubaneswar will be renamed as ‘Lok Seva Bhavan’.
- It was announced by Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik.
- Governor of Odisha: Ganeshi Lal
1. World Day against Trafficking in Persons
- World Day against Trafficking in Persons was observed on July 30 to raise awareness of the plight of victims of human trafficking and to protect their rights.
- Theme: Call your government to action.
2. International Army Games
- India will host a part of an international military sports event in Rajasthan’s Jaisalmer over nine days in August.
- In 2019, it is proposed that the International Army Games will have 32 disciplines to be hosted by 10 countries -Russia, India, China, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Iran, Mongolia, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan.
- International Army Games, organised by the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation from 03 Aug to 17 Aug 2019, have been taking place since 2015.
3. Leading European Architecture Forum awards 2019
- Tiruchirappalli International Airport has been shortlisted for Leading European Architecture Forum awards 2019.
- It was shortlisted under the category of a best future building under construction project.
- LEAF Award is an annual international architectural prize recognizes innovative architectural design that sets the benchmark for the international architectural community of the next generation.
1. India’s largest telecom operator by subscribers
- There are 1161.86 million wireless subscribers in India.
- 1. Jio with 331.30 millions.
- 2. Vodafone Idea Limited with 320.0 millions.
- 3. Airtel with 310.94 millions.
- 4. BSNL & MTNL with 119.43 millions.
2. Dell Global Women Entrepreneur Cities Index
- ‘Dell Women Entrepreneur Cities Index 2019’ is conducted by London-based Global Information Provider IHS Markit.
- 1. Bay Area
- 2. New York
- 3. London
- 4. Boston
- 5. Los Angeles
- Singapore topped in Asian city ranked at 21st position
- Bengaluru and Delhi were ranked 43rd (7th in Asia) and 50th (10th in Asia) respectively.
- IHS Markit Ltd is a London-based global information provider that was formed in 2016 when IHS Inc. and Markit Ltd. merged.
3. Norms of NBFC and Corporates
- RBI has relaxed the norms of funds raised through External Commercial Borrowings for NBFC and Corporates.
- External commercial borrowing are loans in India made by non-resident lenders in foreign currency to Indian borrowers. They are used widely in India to facilitate access to foreign money by Indian corporations and PSUs.
- A non-banking financial institution or non-bank financial company is a financial institution that does not have a full banking license or is not supervised by a national or international banking regulatory agency.
4. New Finance Secretary
- Rajiv Kumar has been appointed as the new Finance Secretary replacing Subhash Chandra Garg.
- The Finance Secretary is the administrative head of the Ministry of Finance. This post is held by senior IAS officer of the rank of Secretary to Government of India. As a Secretary to Government of India, the Finance Secretary ranks 23rd on Indian Order of Precedence.
1. World Test Championship
- The ICC World Test Championship will be a league competition for Test cricket run by the International Cricket Council, starting in 2019.
- It is intended to become the premier championship for Test cricket.
- It is to be played over two years
- It will start from 1 August 2019 with the first Test of the 2019 Ashes series and finish with a final at Lord’s in England in June 2021.
2. Sprinter Dalilah Muhammad
- Dalilah Muhammad is an American track and field athlete who specializes in the 400 meter hurdles.
- USA Sprinter Dalilah Muhammad has broken the world record in women’s 400 metre with 52.20 seconds at USATF 2019 national championship.
3. Patrice Evra retires
- Former Manchester United defender Patrice Evra has announced his retirement from football.
- Patrice Evra is a French former professional footballer.
- Manchester United Football Club is a professional football club based in Old Trafford, Greater Manchester, England, that competes in the Premier League, the top flight of English football.
- Manager: Ole Gunnar Solskjær || Stadium: Old Trafford
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,31 July
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31