Daily Current Affairs 31 May 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 31 May 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 31 May 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 31 May 2019 Current affairs test.
1. List of Cabinet Ministers and their portfolios 2019
- Amit Shah – Home Ministry
- Rajnath Singh – Defence Ministry
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar – External Affairs Ministry
- Nitin Gadkari – Road Transport and MSME Ministry
- Nirmala Sitharaman – Finance Ministry
- Ravi Shankar Prasad – Telecom Ministry; Law and Justice Ministry; and IT and Communications Ministry
- PiyushGoyal – Railways Ministry; Commerce and Industries Ministry
- Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank – Human Resource and Development Ministry
- Dr Harsh Vardhan – Health and Family Welfare Ministry; Science and Technology Ministry; Earth Sciences Ministry
- Gajendra Singh Shekhawat – Jal Shakti Ministry
- Thawarchand Gehlot – Social Justice and Empowerment Ministry
- Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi – Minority Affairs Ministry
- Harsimrat Kaur Badal – Food Processing Ministry
2. Chairman of Chiefs of Staff Committee (COSC)
- Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa has received the baton of Chairman of Chiefs of Staff Committee (COSC) from Admiral Sunil Lanba.
- The Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Committee, is the head of the Chiefs of Staff Committee. The senior-most chief of staff is appointed to serve as a chairman until he retires.
- Reports to: Minister of Defence
3. Union Budget for 2019-20
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will present her first Union Budget for 2019-20 on July 5.
- Nirmala Sitharaman is an Indian politician of the Bharatiya Janata Party, who is currently serving as the Minister of Finance and Minister of Corporate Affairs.
- She is a member of the Rajya Sabha, upper house of the Indian Parliament, since 2016.
4. National Science Film Festival
- The 10th National Science Film Festival of India will be organised in Tripura on 2020.
- Tripura :- Capital: Agartala || Chief minister: Biplab Kumar Deb || Governor: Kaptan Singh Solanki
1. World No Tobacco Day
- World No Tobacco Day is observed around the world every year on 31 May. It is intended to encourage a 24-hour period of abstinence from all forms of tobacco consumption around the globe.
- Theme :- ‘Tobacco and Lung Health’.
2. Murray Gell-Mann passes away
- Murray Gell-Mann was an American physicist who received the 1969 Nobel Prize in Physics for his work on the theory of elementary particles.
- He is considered among the most important physicists of the 20th century.
- The Nobel Prize is a set of annual international awards bestowed in several categories by Swedish and Norwegian institutions in recognition of academic, cultural, or scientific advances. The will of the Swedish scientist Alfred Nobel established the five Nobel prizes in 1895.
1. ADB Annual Meeting
- Sri Lanka will host Asian Development Bank (ADB) annual meeting in 2021.
- The 2019 ADB meeting was held in Fiji in May.
- The 2020 ADB meeting will be held in South Korea.
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. The company also maintains 31 field offices around the world to promote social and economic development in Asia.
2. President of IndiGo Airlines
- Wolfgang Prock-Schauer has been given additional charge as the President of IndiGo Airlines.
- Wolfgang Prock-Schauer is currently the Chief Operating Officer of IndiGo.
- IndiGo is an Indian low-cost airline headquartered at Gurgaon, Haryana, India. It is the largest airline in India by passengers carried and fleet size, with a 49.9% domestic market share as of April 2019.
- Parent company: Interglobe Aviation Ltd || CEO: Mr. Ronojoy Dutta
3. Economic Survey
- The Economic Survey will be presented by new Chief Economic Adviser Krishnamurthy Subramanian on July 4.
- The Department of Economic Affairs, Finance Ministry of India presents the Economic Survey in the parliament every year, just before the Union Budget.
- It is prepared under the guidance of the Chief Economic Adviser, Finance Ministry. It is the ministry’s view on the annual economic development of the country.
4. National Small Industries Corporation Limited with MSME Ministry
- National Small Industries Corporation Limited has signed an MoU with MSME Ministry.
- Aim :- To enhance services by NSIC under its Marketing, Financial, Technology for MSMEs in India.
- National Small Industries Corporation Limited is a Mini Ratna PSU established by the Government of India in 1955 It falls under Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises of India.
1. SAG Games (South Asian Games) 2019
- The 2019 South Asian Games, officially the XIII South Asian Games, is a major multi-sport event will be held from 1–10 December 2019 in Kathmandu and Pokhara, Nepal.
- The South Asian Games are a biennial multi-sport event held among the athletes from South Asia. The governing body of these games is South Asia Olympic Council, formed in 1983.
- At present, SAG are joined by eight members namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
2. 2019 AIBA World Boxing Championships
- The 2019 AIBA World Boxing Championships will be held in Yekaterinburg, Russia from September 7 to September 21, 2019.
- India’s Mary Kom is the most successful boxer in women’s boxing having won 6 golds and a silver (From 2001 to 2018).
- The AIBA World Boxing Championships and the AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championships are biennial amateur boxing competitions organised by the International Boxing Association (AIBA), which is the sport governing body.
- The championships was first held in 1974 Havana, Cuba as a men’s only event and the first women’s championships was held over 25 years later in 2001.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,31 May
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15
- Daily Current Affairs: May 16
- Daily Current Affairs: May 17
- Daily Current Affairs: May 18
- Daily Current Affairs: May 19
- Daily Current Affairs: May 20
- Daily Current Affairs: May 21
- Daily Current Affairs: May 22
- Daily Current Affairs: May 23
- Daily Current Affairs: May 24
- Daily Current Affairs: May 25
- Daily Current Affairs: May 26
- Daily Current Affairs: May 27
- Daily Current Affairs: May 28
- Daily Current Affairs: May 29
- Daily Current Affairs: May 30
- Daily Current Affairs: May 31