Daily Current Affairs 31 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 31 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 31 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 31 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1. BJP announces Prem Kumar Dhumal as CM candidate for Himachal
- Dhumal has served as the Himachal CM twice, from 1998 to 2003 and from 2007 to 2012.
- The election in the state will be held on Nov 9th.
2. Indian students attacked in Italy
- External Affairs Minister said that she is monitoring the situation personally.
- The Indian Consulate in Milan has also issued a safety advisory for Indians there.
3. IIT Madras students set Asia record for most cleaning robots
- About 270 students attended the workshop where 45 smartphone controlled robots swept a 750 sqft area for over 15 mins.
- The institute said that the workshop’s aim was to spread awareness about Swachh Bharat.
1. Shortest Asia-Europe rail link connecting 3 nations launched
- Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Georgia’s PM Giorgi Kvirikashvil and Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev launched the rail link connecting the three countries.
- The 826 km Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railroad is the shortest and most reliable rail link between Asia and Europe.
2. China denies reports of plan to divert Brahmaputra
- China rejected reports that said the country is planning to build a 1000 km long tunnel to divert 10 to 15 billion tons of water from Brahmaputra in Tibet before it enters Arunachal Pradesh.
- China’s Foreign Ministry said that the country will continue to attach great importance to cross-border river cooperation.
1. Lenders to take 51% stake in RCom after debt conversion
- RCom said that the lenders will convert debt of Rs.7000 crore to equity to gain 51% control .
- The firm will sell telecom tower and real estate businesses to pay off Rs.27,000 crore out of Rs.45,000 crore of debt.
2. Samsung posts record profit of $10 billion in Sept quarter
- This is a 148% increase from the same quarter last year.
- The third quarter sales also surged 29.8% to a quarterly record of $55.5 billion.
1. Indian women’s hockey team registers 3rd straight win
- India defeated Malaysia 2-0 in the Women’s Hockey Asia Cup 2017.
- With the win, India are through to the quarterfinals as table toppers with nine points.
2. Sidhu wins air pistol at Commonwealth Shooting Championships
- Indian shooter Heena Sidhu clinched a gold medal in the women’s 10m air pistol event.
- Earler, the pair of Sidhu and Jitu Rai gave India its first gold medal in the ISSF World Cup Final.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15