Daily Current Affairs 31st May 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 31st May 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 31st May 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 31st May 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Agneeprastha Missile park
- Missile Park ‘Agneeprastha’ has been installed at INS Kalinga, Naval base in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- INS Kalinga is an Indian Navy establishment reporting to the Eastern Naval Command. It is responsible for preparing, storing and delivering advanced missiles to ships of the Eastern Fleet. INS Kalinga was commissioned on 21 November 1985.
1. Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC)
- The 22nd Meeting of the Financial Stability and Development Council was chaired by the Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman in New Delhi.
- Financial Stability and Development Council is an apex-level body constituted by the government of India. The idea to create such a super regulatory body was first mooted by the Raghuram Rajan Committee in 2008.
2. NABARD with West Bengal Government
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development has sanctioned credit of Rs 1050 crore in the current fiscal so far to West Bengal.
- NABARD: Headquarters- Mumbai || Formation- July 12, 1982 || Chairman- Chintala Govinda Rajulu
1. Zomato Co-founder
- Food Delivery unicorn Zomato has elevated Mohit Gupta as its co-founder.
- Zomato is an Indian restaurant aggregator and food delivery start up founded by Deepinder Goyal and Pankaj Chaddah in 2008. Zomato provides information, menus and user-reviews of restaurants, and also has food delivery options from partner restaurants in select cities.
- Zomato : Headquarters– Gurugram || Founders– Deepinder Goyal and Pankaj Chaddah.
1. Chairman of JP Morgan South Asia and South East Asia
- Leo Puri has been appointed as the Chairman of JP Morgan South Asia and South East Asia.
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an American multinational investment bank and financial services holding company headquartered in New York City. JPMorgan Chase is ranked by S&P Global as the largest bank in the United States and the sixth largest bank in the world by total assets, with total assets of US$2.687 trillion.
- JP Morgan: CEO: Jamie Dimon || Headquarters: New York
2. Kerala’s first woman DGP
- R. Sreelekha has been appointed as the first woman Director General of Police in Kerala.
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan || Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
3. IIFCL Managing Director
- Power Finance Corporation has announced the appointment of Ravinder Singh Dhillon as Chairman and Managing Director.
- Power Finance Corporation Ltd. is an Indian financial institution. Established in 1986, it is the financial back bone of Indian Power Sector.
4. Independent Director of Indigo
- Venkataramani Sumantran has been appointed the independent director of airline company IndiGo.
- Indigo Airlines: Headquarters: Gurugram || Indigo Airlines Established: 2006.
1. Yogesh Gaur passes away
- Veteran lyricist Yogesh Gaur has passed away.
- Yogesh Gaur, commonly credited as Yogesh, was an Indian writer and lyricist. He is known for his contribution for Bollywood, and is best known work is film Anand songs like, Kahin Door Jab Din Dal Jaaye and Zindagi Kaisi Hai Paheli and Rajnigandha Phool Tumhare Mahke Yun Hi Jivan me rajnigandha.
2. Bejan Daruwalla passes away
- Renowned astrologer Bejan Daruwalla has passed away.
- Bejan Daruwalla was an Indian astrology columnist. He also served as a professor of English in Ahmedabad. Despite being of Parsi heritage, he was known to be an ardent follower of Lord Ganesha. His astrological techniques combined Vedic Astrology, Western Astrology, I-Ching, Tarot reading, the Kabalah and Palmistry.
1. 36th National Games
- The 36th National Games Goa postponed indefinitely due to COVID-19.
- Indian Olympic Association: President: Narinder Dhruv Batra || Headquarters: New Delhi.
2. Long-distance runner Kiranjeet Kaur
- Long-distance runner Kiranjeet Kaur of India has been banned a four-year ban by World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).
- The World Anti-Doping Agency is a foundation initiated by the International Olympic Committee based in Canada to promote, coordinate and monitor the fight against drugs in sports.
- Headquarters: Montreal, Canada