Daily Current Affairs 31st July 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 31st July 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 31st July 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 31st July 2020 Current affairs test.
1. MobiKwik’s New UPI
- MobiKwik has launched new UPI payment link ‘mpay.me’.
- Mobikwik: CEO: Bipin Preet Singh || Headquarters: Gurugram.
1. Book ‘Greenlights’
- Oscar-winner Actor Matthew McConaughey will author Book ‘Greenlights’.
- It is a book based on his life-changing adventures.
1. New Private Secretary to Prime Minister
- Hardik Shah has been appointed the Private Secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- He is is currently serving as a Deputy Secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office
1. Sonam Tshering Lepcha passes away
- Padma Shri awardee Folk musician Sonam Tshering Lepcha has passed away.
- Sonam Tshering Lepcha was an Indian folk musician, composer and lyricist. He was the first among Lepcha people to air his voice on All India Radio and was credited with the revival of Lepcha culture, one of the indigenous cultures of the Indian state of Sikkim.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Niti Aayog’s Aspirational District Ranking
- Bijapur district in Chhattisgarh has topped the list of aspirational districts by Niti Aayog for the February-June 2020 period.
- The NITI Aayog is a policy think tank of the Government of India, established with the aim to achieve sustainable development goals with cooperative federalism by fostering the involvement of State Governments of India in the economic policy-making process using a bottom-up approach.
1. Biel International Chess Festival
- Indian Grandmaster P Harikrishna has finished second in the 53rd Biel International Chess Festival in Switzerland.
- Radoslaw Wojtaszek of Poland finished on top.