Daily Current Affairs 31st October 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 31st October 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 31st October 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 31st October 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Parampara Series 2020
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu has launched the ‘Parampara Series 2020-National Festival of Music and Dance’.
- ‘Parampara Series 2020-National Festival of Music and Dance’ is organised by Natya Tarangini in partnership with the United Nations.
1. Zero carbon emissions by 2050
- Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga has stated that the country will achieve zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- Japan Capital: Tokyo || Japan Currency: Japanese yen.
1. SBI with Japan Bank for International Cooperation
- SBI has signed a loan agreement of $1 billion with The Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC).
- Chairman of State Bank of India: Dinesh Kumar Khara.
- The Japan Bank for International Cooperation, JBIC, is a Japanese public financial institution and export credit agency that was created on October 1, 1999, through the merger of the Japan Export-Import Bank and the Overseas Economic Cooperation Fund.
1. BharatPe’s Digital Gold
- BharatPe has launched Digital Gold on its platform.
- BharatPe: CEO: Ashneer Grover || BharatPe Founded: 2018.
1. World’s first Scientoon Book
- World’s first scientoon book ‘Bye Bye Corona’ was released by Governor of Uttar Pradesh Anandiben Patel.
- Scientoonics is new branch of Science that deals with effective science communication by using a novel class of science cartoons called Scientoons.
Science and Technology News
1. Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy (SOFIA) Airborne Telescope
- NASA’s SOFIA Telescope has discovered water on Sunlit Surface of Moon.
- The Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy is an 80/20 joint project of NASA and the German Aerospace Center to construct and maintain an airborne observatory.
2. ‘Secure Application for the Internet’ (SAI) App
- Indian Army has launched a secured messaging application platform named ‘Secure Application for the Internet’ (SAI).
- Chief of Defence Staff (CDS): General Bipin Rawat.
1. Chief Information Commissioner
- Yashvardhan K Sinha has been appointed as new Chief Information Commissioner replacing Bimal Zulka.
- Central Information Commission Headquarters: New Delhi.
1. International Internet Day 2020
- International Internet Day is observed on 29th October every year.
- This was the event of the sending of the first message, first electronic message which was transferred from one computer to another in 1969.
2. World Cities Day
- World Cities Day is observed on 31 October by United Nations.
- Theme: ‘Valuing Our Communities and Cities’.
3. National Unity Day
- National Unity Day is observed every year on October 31 to commemorate the birth anniversary of the Iron Man of India, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
1. Daniel Menaker passes away
- Award-winning author and editor Daniel Menaker has passed away.
- Robert Daniel Menaker was an American fiction writer and editor. He worked with the MFA program at Stony Brook Southampton and as a consultant for Barnes & Noble Bookstores. His father was alleged Soviet intelligence agent Robert Menaker.
2. Keshubhai Patel passes away
- Former Gujarat CM Keshubhai Patel has passed away.
- Keshubhai Patel was an Indian politician who was the Chief Minister of Gujarat in 1995 and from 1998 to 2001. He was a six-time member of Gujarat Legislative Assembly. He was a member of RSS since 1940s, of Bharatiya Jana Sangh in 1960s, Janata Party in 1970s, and the Bharatiya Janata Party from 1980.
Agreements and MoUs
1. Indian Posts with US Postal Service
- India Post and US Postal Service has signed pact for electronic exchange of customs.
- Indian Post Headquarters: New Delhi || Director-General of Indian Post: Arundhaty Ghosh.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Dr Tulsi Das Chugh Award-2020
- Dr Satish Mishra has bagged ‘Dr Tulsi Das Chugh Award-2020’ by National Academy of Medical Sciences (India).
- National Academy of Medical Sciences (India), better known by its acronym, NAMS, is a nodal agency under the Government of India,which acts as an advisory body to the Government in matters related to National Health Policy and Planning and as a promoting agency for continuing medical education (CME) for medical and health professionals.
2. Asian Film Awards 2020
- The 14th edition of Asian Film Awards was organized by the Asian Film Awards Academy.
- Movie Gully Boy has received the award for the Best Original Score at 14th Asian Film Awards.
3. India International Film Festival of Boston (IIFFB 2020)
- Actor Om Puri was honoured with a Lifetime Achievement Award at the third edition of the India International Film Festival of Boston.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,31st October