Daily Current Affairs 3rd 4th June 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 3rd 4th June 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 3rd 4th June 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 3rd 4th June 2020 Current affairs test.
1. SWADES scheme
- Government of India has launched SWADES Scheme to conduct a skill mapping exercise and provide employment opportunities.
- SWADES means Skilled Workers Arrival Database for Employment Support.
1. First private company to fly astronauts into orbit
- SpaceX has become the first private company to fly astronauts into orbit.
- NASA astronauts Robrt Behnken and Douglas Hurley docked the SpaceX capsule with the International Space Station.
- SpaceX: founder & CEO: Elon Musk || Founded: 2002 || Headquarters: Hawthorne, California, United States of America.
- The administrator of the NASA: Jim Bridenstine.
1. DBS Bank with Transport Corporation of India Limited
- DBS Bank has partnered with Transport Corporation of India Limited to facilitate real time payments for truck drivers.
- DBS Bank : || Headquarters– Singapore || CEO and Director– Piyush Gupta
1. Yes Bank with Dish TV
- Yes Bank has acquired 24.19% stake in Dish TV India Ltd.
- Yes Bank: Headquarters: Mumbai || Yes Bank MD & CEO: Prashant Kumar
2. Facebook to again acquire 9.9% stake in Jio
- Facebook will acquire 9% stake in Jio Platforms via Jaadhu Holdings LLC which is an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Facebook.
- Facebook: || CEO: Mark Zuckerberg || Headquarters: Menlo Park, California, United States
Science and Technology News
1. COVID-19 Technology Access Pool
- World Health Organization has launched the COVID-19 Technology Access Pool.
- Aim: for equitable access to life-saving tech.
- WHO: Headquarter: Geneva, Switzerland || Director-general of WHO: TedrosAdhanom.
1. Secretary in Ministry of Steel
- Pradip Kumar has been appo as Secretary in Ministry of Steel
- Union Minister of Steel: Dharmendra Pradhan
2. Ambassador of India to Finland
- Raveesh Kumar has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Finland.
- Finland: Prime Minister: Sanna Marin || Capital: Helsinki || Currency: Euro
3. High Commissioner of India to Papua New Guinea
- Sushil Singhal has been appointed India’s next High Commissioner to Papua New Guinea.
- Papua New Guinea: Capital: Port Moresby || Currency: Papua New Guinean kina
4. High Commissioner of India to UK
- Gaitri Kumar has been appointed next High Commissioner of India to UK.
- Capital: London || Constituent countries: England; Scotland; Wales; Northern Ireland || Prime minister: Boris Johnson
5. New President of CII
- Uday Kotak has assumed office as the president of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for 2020-21.
- CII: Headquarters – New Delhi || President- Uday Kotak || Vice President- Sanjiv Bajaj
1. World Bicycle Day
- In April 2018, the United Nations General Assembly declared June 3 as International World Bicycle Day.
- Aim: To encourage member nations to give particular attention to the bicycle.
2. International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression
- The International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is a United Nations observance each 4 June. It was established on 19 August 1982.
1. Bobby Morrow passes away
- Former Olympic sprint champion Bobby Morrow has passed away.
- Bobby Joe Morrow was an American sprinter who won three gold medals at the 1956 Olympics. He has been called “the dominant sprinter of the 1950s” and “the most relaxed sprinter of all time, even more so than his hero Jesse Owens”.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. World’s Best Startup Ecosystems
- India has dropped 6 places to the 23rd spot in a latest ranking of World’s Best Startup Ecosystems by Startup blink.
- Top Three:
- 1. USA
- 2. UK
- 3. Israel
2. IT Service Provider of the Year 2020
- UST Global has been named to the list of the Everest Group’s PEAK Matrix® Top 20 IT Service Providers of the Year 2020.
- UST Global: CEO: Krishna Sudheendra || Headquarters: Aliso Viejo, California, United States
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,3rd 4th June