Daily Current Affairs 3rd 4th September 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 3rd 4th September 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 3rd 4th September 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 3rd 4th September 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Restructuring of Railway Board
- Appointments Committee of Cabinet has approved restructuring of Railway Board.
- Vinod Kumar Yadav has been appointed as the Chairman and CEO of the Board.
2. Mission Karmayogi
- Union Cabinet has approved ‘Mission Karmayogi’ which is a National Programme For Civil Services Capacity Building.
- Aim: Capacity building for Civil Servants.
1. First World War II Heritage City
- US President Donald Trump has announced Wilmington in southern North Carolina as the first World War II Heritage City.
- World War II, also known as the Second World War, was a global war that lasted from 1939 to 1945. It involved the vast majority of the world’s countries—including all the great powers—forming two opposing military alliances: the Allies and the Axis.
1. SIDBI with Maharashtra Govt
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has signed an pact with Maharashtra Govt to develop MSME ecosystem.
- Small Industries Development Bank of India: Chairman & Managing Director (CMD): Mohammad Mustafa || Headquarter: Lucknow
1. Book ‘Let Us Dream’
- Book titled ‘Let Us Dream’ is authored by Pope Francis.
- Pope Francis explains how a crisis can teach one to deal with the problems that they may face in their lives.
2. Book ‘The Commonwealth of Cricket’
- Book ‘The Commonwealth of Cricket: A Lifelong Love Affair with the Most Subtle and Sophisticated Game Known to Humankind’ is authored by Historian Ramachandra Guha.
- Ramachandra Guha is an Indian writer whose research interests include environmental, social, economics, political, contemporary and cricket history. He is also a columnist for The Telegraph, Hindustan Times and Hindi Daily Newspaper Amar Ujala.
1. Secretary in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Bureaucrat Kshatrapati Shivaji has been appointed as the Secretary in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
- The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation is a ministry of Government of India concerned with coverage and quality aspects of statistics released. The surveys conducted by the Ministry are based on scientific sampling methods.
2. MD & CEO of Punjab & Sind Bank
- S Krishnan has been appointed as MD & CEO of Punjab & Sind Bank.
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. AIMA Chanakya (Business Simulation Game) National Management Games (NMG) 2020
- NTPC has won National Management Games 2020, organized by All India Management Association.
- NTPC Limited, formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited, is an Indian Public Sector Undertaking, engaged in the business of generation of electricity and allied activities. It is a company incorporated under the Companies Act 1956 and is promoted by the Government of India.
2. Global Innovation Index
- India has been ranked at 48th among 131 countries in the Global Innovation Index by World Intellectual Property Index (WIPO).
- The Global Innovation Index is an annual ranking of countries by their capacity for, and success in, innovation.
- Top Three
- 1. Switzerland
- 2. Sweden
- 3. USA
1. Cycling Summit in 2021
- Cycling Federation of India will host the first-ever Cycling Summit in 2021.
- Cycling Federation of India: President: Parminder Singh Dhindsa || Headquarters: New Delhi
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,3rd 4th September