Daily Current Affairs 3rd May 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 3rd May 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 3rd May 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 3rd May 2023 Current affairs test.
1. Sberbank’s New AI to Rival ChatGPT
- Russian enterprise, Sberbank, has introduced its AI chatbot, GigaChat, to challenge OpenAI’s ChatGPT.
- Although GigaChat primarily communicates more proficiently in Russian, it has capabilities in other languages as well.
- The foundation of GigaChat is the neural network model NeONKA, which combines various neural network models, supervised fine-tuning, and undergoes reinforcement learning via human interaction.
- GigaChat’s primary design was for enhanced interaction in Russian.
- Some brief insights into Russia: Its capital city is Moscow, with Rubel as its currency and Vladimir Putin as the President.
2. 2023 World Press Freedom Index: India’s Position Slips
- The latest World Press Freedom Index by Reporters Without Borders (RSF) reveals that India has dropped to the 161st position out of 180 countries.
- This marks a continued decline for India, which held the 142nd spot in 2021 and 150th in 2022.
- Neighboring nations like Pakistan and Sri Lanka have improved their rankings to 150 and 135 respectively.
- For seven straight years, Norway has maintained the top spot, while Vietnam, China, and North Korea sit at the bottom three. The index is determined based on five specific indicators: Political, Economic, Legal Framework, Sociocultural, and Safety.
- A glance at recent rankings shows India at 38th in World Bank’s Logistics Performance, 21st in World’s Wealthiest Cities with New York at the top, 77th in Most Criminal Countries led by Venezuela, 5th in Stanford’s AI Index where the USA leads, 144th in Passport Index topped by UAE, and 125th in World Happiness Index with Finland at the pinnacle.
3. ICC Test Rankings: India Takes the Lead
- The Indian Men’s cricket team has overtaken Australia in the ICC Test rankings as of May 2, 2023, securing the top position with 121 points, pushing Australia to the second spot with 116 points.
- In a recent series, India triumphed over Australia 2-1, holding onto the Border-Gavaskar trophy for the fourth time in a row.
- The subsequent rankings see England, South Africa, and New Zealand at third, fourth, and fifth respectively.
4. Abhilash Tomy: First Indian in Golden Globe Race 2022
- Former naval officer, Commander Abhilash Tomy, has achieved the distinction of being the first Indian to finish the esteemed Golden Globe Race in 2022.
- Tomy secured the second position in this solo global sailing competition.
- The race, which commenced on September 4, 2022, from France, had 16 participants across 11 nations. However, only two sailors, including Tomy and Kirsten Neuschafer, managed to finish the race without any stops, demonstrating unparalleled endurance.
5. World Press Freedom Day 2023: A 30-Year Milestone
- May 3 is recognized annually as World Press Freedom Day, emphasizing the significance of a free press.
- 2023 celebrates the 30th year of this vital occasion.
- The theme for this year is “Shaping a Future of Rights: Freedom of Expression as a Driver for all other human rights.”
- UNESCO originally designated this day in 1991 due to the growing attacks on journalists. Later, in 1993, the UNGA officially marked May 3 as World Press Freedom Day.