Daily Current Affairs 4th-5th April 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 4th-5th April 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 4th-5th April 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 4th-5th April 2020 Current affairs test.
1. ‘Mo Prativa’ Program
- Online cultural competition ‘Mo Prativa’ has been launched by the Odisha Government in collaboration with the UNICEF.
- Aim: To keep children engaged at home during the lockdown period.
2. Rapid response center ‘CAWACH’
- Department of Science & Technology has approved to set up a rapid response center ‘CAWACH’ at Society for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (SINE), IIT Bombay.
- CAWACH stands for Centre for Augmenting WAR with COVID-19 Health Crisis (CAWACH)
- Aim: To scout, evaluate and support the innovations and start-ups that address COVID-19 challenges.
1. Trading Timings of currency and debt markets
- RBI has reduced trading timings of currency and debt markets from 10 AM to 2 PM.
- RBI: Headquarters– Mumbai || Formation– 1 April 1935 || Governor– Shaktikanta Das || Deputy Governors– 3 (Bibhu Prasad Kanungo, Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael DebabrataPatra)
1. Asian Development Outlook 2020
- The Asian Development Bank has released its annual economic publication ‘Asian Development Outlook 2020’.
- The Asian Development Bank has projected India’s growth to slow down to 4% in the current fiscal year 2020-21.
- President of ADB: MasatsuguAsakawa || Headquarters: Manila, Philippines.
Science and Technology News
1. Online Hackathon ‘Hack the Crisis-India’
- The ‘Hack the Crisis-India’ Hackathon will be organised by ‘Hack A Cause-India’ and ‘FICCI Ladies Organization Pune’ along with the support of Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology.
- Aim: To find the working solutions to overcome the COVID 19 pandemic.
2. Watson Assistant for Citizens
- IBM has offered ‘Watson Assistant for Citizens’ to quickly address COVID-19 queries.
- IBM: CEO- Arvind Krishna
1. International Day of Mine awareness
- April 4 is celebrated as the International Day for Mine Awareness.
- Theme: ‘Together for Mine Action’.
- On December 8, 2005, the UN General Assembly declared April 4 as International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action.
2. National Maritime Day in India
- National Maritime Day in India is observed on 5 April every year.
- First time it was celebrated on 5 April, 1964.
- Aim: To inform people and spread awareness about intercontinental commerce and the economy worldwide.
1. Gita Ramjee passes away
- Virologist Gita Ramjee of South Africa has passed away.
- Gita Ramjee was a Ugandan-South African scientist and researcher in HIV prevention. In 2018, she was awarded the ‘Outstanding Female Scientist’ award from the European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership.
Agreements and MoUs
1. National Health Authority with Uber
- The National Health Authority has gotten into a partnership with Uber India to facilitate safe, reliable and efficient transportation to healthcare workers amid COVID-19.
- Uber Technologies, Inc., commonly known as Uber, is an American multinational ride-hailing company offering services that include peer-to-peer ridesharing, ride service hailing, food delivery, and a micromobility system with electric bikes and scooters.
- CEO: Dara Khosrowshahi || Headquarters: San Francisco
1. The 19th Asian Games
- The Olympic Council of Asia has unveiled the official mascots of the 19th Asian Games
- The 19th Asian Games scheduled to be held in Hangzhou in 2022.
- The three robots namely Congcong, Lianlian and Chenchen which are collectively known as “The Smart Triplets” are the official mascots.
2. FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup
- The FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup, which was scheduled to be played in India in November 2020, has been postponed due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
- FIFA: President: Gianni Infantino || Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland