Daily Current Affairs 4 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 4 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 4 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 4 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1.Trial run of 1st India-Bangladesh container train flagged off.
- The trial run of the first container train between India and Bangladesh was flagged off from Kolkata city. The train left for Bangladesh with 60 containers loaded with almost 1,200 tonnes of de-oiled cake, used as a raw material for animal feed.
- Currently, the trade between Indian and Bangladesh is largely road-based.
2.India-Japan-US trilateral talks held in New Delhi.
- The crucial dialogue between the three leading democratic powers of the Indo-Pacific region was held in New Delhi.
- The India-Japan-US trilateral was launched in December 2011. It was elevated to ministerial level in September 2015.
3.Route of India’s fastest train Gatiman Express extended.
- The Gatiman Express, which is billed as India’s fastest train, will now run till Jhansi. The route of the train, which originally ran from Delhi to Agra, has been extended to promote tourism and boost connectivity.
- The train will run on all days except Fridays, and the travel time between Delhi and Jhansi will be less than five hours.
4.1 lakh trees to be cut for expressway in Maharashtra: Panel.
- An expert committee recently observed that over 1 lakh trees will have to be cut for the construction of a 258-km-stretch of 701-km Mumbai-Nagpur Expressway in Maharashtra.
- The stretch will reportedly pass through an eco-sensitive zone, including two wildlife sanctuaries.
1.China targets US imports worth $50 billion in tit-for-tat move.
- China on Wednesday announced an additional 25% tariff on US imports worth $50 billion in response to proposed US tariffs on over 1,300 Chinese goods.
- The tariff will be imposed on 106 US products including automobiles, chemicals and aircraft.
2.Pakistan alone accounts for 40% entries in UN terror list.
- As many as 139 citizens and entities from Pakistan have been named in the list of terrorists supporting organisations consolidated by United Nations Security Council.
- The list names a total of 257 terrorists and 82 terror groups.
3.PM Modi and Nepal PM to lay foundation of 900MW power project.
- PM Narendra Modi and Nepalese PM KP Oli will jointly lay foundation stone of the 900MW Arun III hydropower project to be built in Nepal’s eastern part, later this week.
- This is the largest hydropower project undertaken by Indian government in Nepal. India will provide around Rs.9,700 crore for the power project expected to be completed within five years.
4.Maldives returns ‘Dhruv’ helicopter gifted by India.
- The Maldives has asked the Indian government to take back one of the two helicopters that India had gifted to the nation.
- Reportedly, the Maldives wanted a Dornier maritime surveillance aircraft instead of Dhruv Advanced Light Helicopter gifted to them.
1.Direct tax collection rose 18% to cross Rs.10 trillion mark in FY18.
- The Direct Tax collection has grown by 18% to cross Rs.10.02 trillion in the financial year 2017-18, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has said.
- He said that demonetisation and GST implementation has resulted in higher formalisation of economy.
2.NYSE hangs Swiss Flag instead of Swedish for Spotify listing.
- The New York Stock Exchange(NYSE) on Tuesday hung the flag of Switzerland outside its building to celebrate the listing of music streaming service Spotify, which is based in Sweden.
- The NYSE later swapped the flag and in a since-deleted tweet said, “Our flag guy was rocking his Spotify playlist a little hard this morning and grabbed the wrong flag”.
3.Public sector banks wrote off Rs.2.41 trillion loans in over 3 years.
- Public sector banks wrote off Rs 2.41 trillion worth of loans between April 2014 and September 2017, the government has said.
- The government further said the recovery of dues takes place on an ongoing basis under a legal mechanism so that write-offs do not benefit borrowers.
4.Jio Payments Bank commences operation.
- Jio Payments Bank has commenced operations with effect from April 3, the Reserve Bank of India has announced.
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries was one of the applicants which were given in principle approval by the RBI for the setting up of a payments bank.
1.Commonwealth Games 2018 starts at Gold Coast in Australia.
- The 21st edition of the Commonwealth Games will begin in Gold Coast, Australia, with a colourful opening ceremony.
- Carrara Stadium has been chosen as the venue to host the opening ceremony. These games will mark the 5th time that Australia has hosted the games.
2.Ronaldo sets another scoring record as Real thrash Juventus.
- Cristiano Ronaldo became the first footballer in Champions League history to score in 10 successive matches as Real Madrid defeated Juventus 3-0 in the quarter final first leg on Tuesday.
- Ronaldo took his tally of goals in Champions League quarter-finals to 22, the most by a player.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz, 4 April